Sofia

After lunch we all piled back int he cars and got back on the highway. If we didn't get stuck in traffic we'd be down there in another hour or so according to Cameron. I was sitting in the back with Juliet.

"So are you excited?" I ask her.

"Yeah. I haven't been down in a while." She says with a smile. "What about you?"

"Yeah I've been down a few times." I shrug.

We fall into a silence and then I hear Isabelle giggle.

"What's going on?" Cara asks leaning over her seat to look at Isabelle's phone.

"Remember how you guys thought about making an Istagram for the DC trip in eighth grade?" Isabelle asks with a smile.

"Yeah." Cameron says from the front seat. "Never happened though. Why are you asking?"

"Well I was thinking we could do the same for this trip." Isabelle says.

"It'd be fun." Sarah says. "What do you guys think?"

"I'm down." Juliet says.

"Why not?" Cara says.

I shrug and agree right as Juliet's phone goes off.

"What's that?" I ask.

"Ruby just sent me a video of Amanda and Lucy singing. She does not look happy." Juliet says a smile creeping onto her face.

"Well Dequan is never amused is she?" Cameron says.

"She's our less than impressed lesbian friend." Sarah laughs from the front seat.

"That actually works perfectly." Isabelle laughs.

"You're welcome." Sarah says.

^^^^

I jerk awake when Cameron stops short.

"Shit!" Sarah yells.

"What happened?" Juliet asks.

"Asshole just cut us off." Sarah grumbles. "God I hate it when people do that."

"Is it the same guy who was riding our tail twenty minutes ago?" Isabelle asks.

"Looks like it." Cameron says.

"This exit." Cara calls out looking at her phone.

"How do you know?" I ask. "I can't see the truck in front of us."

"Lucy just sent me a text saying so." Cara explains. "And evidently Amanda was ready to stop short herself when that guy cut us off."

"Well she does have some road rage." Isabelle says.

We all nod as Cameron gets off the freeway and catches up to the truck. We follow behind them silently until we enter a nice looking neighborhood going along the side of a cliff. We stop behind the truck and Cameron kills the engine. The six of us pile out and begin to unpack the trunk.

I head up to the door and pause to stare. The house was a modern three story. Amanda and Heather were already at the door unlocking it.

"Welcome to our summer home!" Amanda shouts as Heather opens the door.

I look at Isabelle who's already rushing inside, her suitcase left by the van. I follow inside and stop dead in my tracks. The stairs are to my right, directly in front of a large flat screen and three plush couches. To my left is a large dinning table with a crystal chandelier above it. In front of my face is a large kitchen with two different stoves and a sleek fridge that Amanda has already opened. I can see the patio through the floor length windows and see a pool that flows right off the edge of the cliff.

I climb the stairs and see a large bookcase by an art isle in front of another set of floor length windows. To my left is a room with a king sized bed and another bookcase as well as an ajoining bathroom. The room to my right has a computer on a desk next to another king sized bed. A guitar sits on it's stand by the window.

I climb to the third floor and see a white grand piano by the window with two more rooms to my left and right. The room to my left has plenty of open space and a computer on the desk by the king sized bed. The room to my right has an art isle by the window and a bookcase. There's a bathroom inbetween the rooms with a large bathtub and a nice shower.

I place my suitcase in the room to the right on the third floor and head down to the first floor. I see that behind the kitchen is another bedroom but with a double bed and a violin on the desk with sheet music on the stand. The room on the bottom floor has a small ajoining bathroom.

"Hey Sofia." I turn and see Heather smiling from the doorway. "Wanna come and swim with us? Amanda's already been in long enough to turn into a mermaid."

"What else is new with her." I say exiting the room and heading up to my room to change into my suitcase. I enter and see Isabelle lying on the bed.

"Hey." She says sitting up. "Heather said everyone has to share a room. Hope you don't mind if I share with you."

"It's fine." I say as I unzip my suitcase. "You going to swim with us?"

"Probably not." Isabelle shrugs. "I'll sunbathe and be the judge for pool games though."

"Alright." I say, changing into my bathing suit.

"Hey, I have a...kind of private question."

"What's up?" I ask as I tie my hair back.

"Do you think it's weird that I haven’t really payed as much attention to the Group this past year?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"I don't know." She says, unzipping her suitcase. "Maybe because I'm just a little upset with myself."

"Well everyone at themselves for stuff like that." I say. "But it's nothing to worry over this summer. It's just us hanging out before college.”