Sarah

I had to admit that Lucy was right. Just because Heather saw a cute guy didn’t mean that the two were going to get together. After all if that did happen I would’ve had roughly twenty boyfriends in high school alone. But for the most part I was just trying to order my food.

Isabelle keeps trying to give Heather advice, only to be interrupted by Lucy or Amanda telling her that it doesn’t matter. I look at Juliet who rolls her eyes as she looks through her menu. Cara seems to wrapped up in looking through her menu to notice, or she’s gotten better at ignoring useless arguments. Ruby looks like she’s about to murder them. And Cameron and Sofia are talking over something, most likely they already know what they’re going to order.

“Okay guys, knock it off.” I snap at the three of them. “Isabelle it really doesn’t matter if Heather decides to flirt with him or not. Amanda and Lucy you two are right, but next time can you find a better way to phrase it?”

“Fine.” Isabelle sighs as she opens her menu, for the first time since we sat down it looks like.

Amanda and Lucy just sigh and shake their heads before looking at their menus. Heather sends me a look that says, ‘thank you’.

^^^^

After we order and our food gets there Juliets says, “Okay so what’s the plan for the rest of the day? Just wander around and look at stores?”

“Well there are some cool shops around here.” Amanda says as she sips her soda. “We could check them out. Like I said it’s just kind of a ‘get to know the area’ day.”

“So split into groups?” I ask with a raised eyebrow.

“Well we’re not supposed to get away from our buddies.” Cara says getting, Juliet, Lucy, Amanda, Cameron, Ruby, and Sofia to laugh.

“I’m lost.” Isabelle says.

“DC trip in the eighth grade.” Cameron explains. “Everyone had a buddy and you weren’t supposed to let yours out of your sight or else you’d get in trouble. If I had ten dollars for every time we heard that on the trip I’d have a lot more money than I do right now.”

We smile and put of the corner of my eye I notice something. I turn and see two guys talking, more of arguing, quietly and one pointing to our table. I recognize Michael as one of them when he says something and the other moves out of the way to listen to something someone else is telling him. The other guy, tall and lean with brown hair, waves his hand and says something to Michael before leaving. Michael bites his lip before noticing me looking. His face flushes red and he turns away.

^^^^

By the time we leave I notice Michael biting his lip just a few feet away before he rushes over. I don’t have any time to warn the Group before he catches us at the door.

“Excuse me, ladies.” He says a little breathlessly when he reaches us.

“Sorry did we forget something?” Juliet asks looking confused.

“Uh no I just...um..” He says quietly.

“Uh why don’t we give him and Heather some time alone.” I suggest quickly. “They might need it.”

Lucy catches on quickly and helps me usher the rest of the Group out the door.

“What was that for?” Isabelle snaps.

“He was trying to ask her out.” I say. “Unfortunately he caught a little stage fright with all of us with her.”

“I told you guys-”

“Not the time.” Lucy cuts Isabelle off.

“But I was right. She flirted and-”

“No she didn’t.” I tell Isabelle as calmly as I can manage. “I saw him talking to a co-worker and it looked like said co-worker was telling him to ask her out.”

“That aside, I-”

“Isabelle can you drop it right now? Please.” Heather says coming outside.

“Fine.” Isabelle rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest.

“So what happened?” Ruby asks carefully.

“He gave me his number and asked me to call him.” Heather says with a large smile.

“Good for you.” Cara says with a smile.

The rest of us congratulate her and even Isabelle let’s our snapping at her go for a smile and a hug. As we walk away something, or someone rather, bumps into Amanda, knocking them both down.

“Oh my god are you okay.” I ask as Amanda pushes herself off the ground.

“Yeah, fine.” She says glaring at the guy. “You wanna watch where you’re going next time?”

“Oh I’m sorry.” He says getting up off the ground, his hair looking messy due to the fall. “Next time I’ll be sure to announce to the whole street that a large group of teenagers are walking down and everyone should move.”

“No need.” Amanda snaps turning around and walking down the street.

“What?” the guy shouts at her. “No apology?”

Amanda flips him off, getting Ruby to laugh and the rest of us to follow her.