Isabelle

I laugh as Ruby gets on Juliet's shoulders and Lucy gets on Amanda's shoulders. It'd been awhile since we settled in, but I think that this would be the perfect way to kick start the summer. The house was huge and I for was was glad that it was only two per room. Any more and I would go crazy. But I was almost 100% certain Amanda would've started complaining when Heather told us the two per room rule. She just shrugged and went back to changing into her swimsuit. Her and Sarah were sharing the room on the first floor. Juliet and Cara were across from me and Sofia. Lucy and Ruby were on the floor below us as well as Cameron and Heather.

"Where are you going?"

My head pops up just in time to see Amanda run inside and up the stairs. I look back at the pool full of my friends and shrug before jumping in. When I surface I hear laughing and look up at the roof of the house where Lucy is pointing. I let out a laugh as Amanda waves down at us.

"How'd you get up there?" I shout at her.

"There's a ladder in Juliet and Cara's room leading up here!" She shouts down. "Think I can make it in the pool?"

"Not a good idea!" Heather shouts up.

"I'm gonna do it anyways!" Amanda shouts. "Clear out! If I don't come up within ten seconds of the splash come in and save my dumb ass!"

We all clear out of the pool. Heather, Juliet, and Cara look on with concern while Lucy and Ruby cheer Amanda on. Cameron, Sarah, Sofia, and myself stay silent and watch as she disappears before taking a running jump off the roof. When she lands in the pool she makes the biggest splash I've seen in my life.

The nine of us rush to the edge of the pool and look in to see her at the bottom. I chew my bottom lip as she pushes off the floor with her feet and does the Ariel hair flip from the Little Mermaid.

"That was awesome!" she shouts, laughter in her voice.

"Don't do that again." Juliet scolds. "You gave me a heart attack."

"But it's really fun." Amanda says swimming to the edge where I've already put my legs in, ready to go back in at any second. "Scary at first, but really fun."

"That's it." I proclaim.

"What's it?" Sarah asks, sitting enxt to me.

"Before the end of the summer we all have to do the jump off the roof and have someone take a picture of us before we land in the pool." I say smiling.

"I'm totally down." Amanda says pushing herself off the wall with her feet and doing lazy strokes around the pool. "Anyone else?"

"I'll do it." Sarah and Lucy say at the same time.

"Sounds like fun." Ruby says before doing a cannon ball in the pool.

"I'm not sure." Heather says. "Would we all fit in the picture and land in the pool?"

"I'm sure we could." Amanda says from the other end of the pool.

"What about someone taking a picture?" Cara says. "I mean One person will be out of the picture for that so..."

"Please." Cameron says. "Chances are one out of the ten of us will meet a guy before the summer's over. Whoever that poor soul is can take the picture."

"She's got a point." I say kicking my legs back and forth. "Besides it'll be that cliche picture in movies where the firends all have copies and talk about that day like it was the last time they ever spoke to those people before college and getting married and having kids."

"Yeah." Amanda says swimming over slowly. "We can be the cliche white girls from 99% of high school movies."

"Despite the fact that you, Ruby, and Lucy are the only non white friends." Sofia says.

"Hey three out of ten isn't bad." Lucy says.

I let out a scream as something pulls me underwater. I resurface coughin and see Amanda waving with a large grin on her face.