| ten

Xiomara;

"You'on feel like it's too slutty?" I frown, turning around in the mirror to check out my outfit for the basketball game tonight. Dave was going to be here in about half an hour to pick me up.

"What does it matter? Ain't like it's a real date." She says.

I roll my eyes, waving it off anyway since she's right. "Way to rain on my damn parade." I mumble, looking in my closest for some shoes, not that there's many to choose from.

Since I kissed Dave, we haven't really spoke much until he messaged me this morning to let me know the time he's picking me up.

Latoya does my hair and finishes up just as Dave pulls up outside. She's been staying over for the past three days since her and Marquis got into another big argument but honestly, it's nothing new.

"Wait! What is there to eat?" She calls out just as I step out the door.

"I'on know, your fat ass ate everything yesterday. Order a pizza!" I call back out over my shoulder, heading over to Dave's car.

"Okay. Love you!"

"Love you too!"

I get in the car and smile at Dave before strapping my seatbelt across my chest, buckling up. "No kiss today, huh?" He says, putting down his phone.

I laugh and lean over, pecking his lips. We really shouldn't since it takes out most of the meaning in 'friendship' but I guess we both can't help ourselves. They're innocent little kisses anyway.

"You excited?" Dave asks, pulling off while I mess with the console in his car, putting on some music.

"Yup. Who are we meeting again?" I ask and tilt my head to the side.

"My best friend and her lil' boyfriend or sum' shit. They ain't serious though." He says and shakes his head.

"Hm." I hum, not really knowing what else to say. "Well what's her name?"

"Ari."

Dave's a little blunt speaking on her so I leave the questions alone, sitting in silence as he drives to the Staples center. Once we get there, it's crowded almost everywhere you look but he manages to find a parking spot a little distance away.

I grab his hand as we walk towards the arena, making him look over his shoulder at me. "Don't wanna lose you in the crowd." I say smartly to which he chuckles and shakes his head.

We find his best friend and her date standing outside. It turns out that she's really pretty but her date on the other hand looks like a rabbit. "Bout damn' time you made it." She tells Dave, putting out her cigarette on the floor. "This must be little miss Zoey." She says, looking me up and down.

"Zo." I correct her, deciding not to start anything with Dave's best friend.

"My bad." She says, breaking out into a little smirk after eyeing me. "You cute, girl."

Ari seems somewhat nice but too mysterious for her own good. Dave throws his arm around my shoulders and we walk inside the Staples center, getting some food before heading to the arena to find our seats.