Chapter Three

~Three~ Ebony

The bell rang a really quick hour and fifteen minutes later. Me and Luke spent the entire period talking quietly about poetry and books we liked and bands we had in common. Honestly, the kid was cooler than I thought he was. I stood up to pack my bag and quickly stuffed my things in there. Luke watched me leave, and I smiled as I walked out. A few girls from our class smirked at me. Whatever. I was used to it. Honestly, I was just ready to go home.

"Hey, Ebony! Ebony!" I heard Luke shouting behind me once I got outside to the courtyard. I turned around, a quizzical smile on my face. "Hey." He ran up to me, out of breath.

"Um, hi." I smiled and pushed some hair out of my face. "What's up?"

"You left this." Luke handed me my Robert Frost book, and I smiled and took it. "And also." He smiled. "This is weird, but, erm, you know Jay's? Downtown?"

I felt my heart race, knowing he was going to ask about the open mic night. "Um, is that the old bar downtown?"

"Yeah, that's the one." He grinned and shifted his weight nervously. "Well, they're having this open mic night thing tonight, and I'm gonna be sinigng a song I wrote, and I was wondering if you wanted to come a meet me there? I mean, it wouldn't have to be a date. I just want someone to hear my song, you know? Am I blabbing? I think I'm blabbing. Shit, I'm sorry."

I laughed. "No, it's fine." I softly smiled. "Yeah, I'll go."

"Sweet." Luke smiled and handed me his phone. I looked at him, confused. "Your number."

"Oh!" I blushed, took his phone, and put my number in. For the contact name, I put that weird chick in Biology. He laughed when he saw this.

"You aren't that weird." He said softly, making me melt on the inside. "See you tonight."

"Tonght." I smlled.

"Alright, well, I gotta get to soccer, so see ya!" Luke jogged away, leving me there, speechless. My phone buzzed, and I smiled. Texting me already? That boy.

Hello there, beautiful weird chick in Biology :)