Chapter Six

~Six~ Ebony 

My God. The kid had a hell of a voice. To be honest, I hadn't expected much, but he sang with so much passion that it was kind of hard to ignore it. Of course, the other guys, all soccer jocks I knew of from school, were quite attractive and amazing at singing, but in my opinion, Luke took the cake. He sang the final line of the song, the instruments silenced, and he let out a shaky breath into the microphone. 

For one moment, silence. And then...

The standing ovation began. Luke's face lit up as I stood up and joined in. Random strangers chattered around me.

"What did they call themselves?"

"I think it was 5 Seconds Of Summer."

"Christ."

"They're going to be huge."

"That song is a hit waiting to happen."

They bowed to whistles, claps, screams, and hollers. They walked off the stage, and I heard four boys shouting backstage. I laughed and walked over to an empty table by a window, looking out at the rainy day. Wow. About 15 minutes after the performance, some girl was doing a horrible rendition of "I'm Not The Only One" by Sam Smith.

"Excuse me." A voice said. I smiled, recognizing it. "Is this seat taken?"

I looked over at the seat across the table from me, and then at the stranger. "It is now."

Luke smiled at me and sat down. He had totally changed clothes since he had performed, and his hair was damp and stuck to his forehead. His cheeks were still flushed, and he was still grinning. "What did you think?"

"Luke, you were incredible." I said, making him smile. "Why don't you tell more people you can sing?"

"Because it's kind of weird for a jock to be able to sing."

"Please, this isn't Glee." I laughed. He smiled. "You have serious talent."

"If you say so." He chuckled and looked down. "But thanks."

"Anytime." I smiled.

"So, why don't you go up there? Go read some poetry or sing or something." He  reached across the table and nudged me playfully. I laughed.

"No chance in hell."

"Really?"

"Really."

"What if I dueted with you?"