Chapter 22

When the horse started running off, you were about to get off and run back towards Clementine and the others, but Ruby convinced you to come back to the school with them so she could take care of your arm. So, you did. She took care of your arm and you found out that Violet's eyes weren't infected.

You've been on the walk for almost an hour, looking for Clementine and the others. You see to be what looks like an old bridge and decided to check it out. You hid behind a tree that was nearby when you heard people talking, but you quickly recognized the voices and showed yourself. It was AJ, Clementine, and Tenn.

AJ: Y/N!

He was ran over to you and hugged your legs. You smiled as you knelt down and hugged him back. You see Clementine approach you with a smile on her face as you stood up with AJ wrapped around your legs. She hugs you tightly, then Tenn hugs you all. You soon all pull away.

Y/N: It's good to see that you all're not dead.

She gives you another smile.

Clementine: Did everyone else escape?

Y/N: Hell, yeah. We all took that cart and hauled ass back to the school.

Clementine: But you came to look for us?

Y/N: You goddamn right I did. I just had to. I would've looked sooner, but Ruby convinced me to stay so she could fix up my arm. 

Clementine, AJ, and Tenn smile at you.

Y/N: It's over. The raiders are gone, and we got everyone out alive and safe. Ruby said Violet's eyes aren't infected, so that's good, too. They're waiting for us back home.

Clementine: Any idea which way that is?

You looked behind you and pointed.

Y/N: There's an old bridge that way. We cross that, and we'll be close.

Clementine: Let's go.

She walked past you as you all headed towards the old bridge.

Clementine: How's your arm?

Y/N: Just another bullet wound. Just like when Able shot me, it could've a helluva lot worse.

You gave her a reassuring smile.

Clementine: I still can't believe you came back.

Y/N: You'd really think I'd just... forget you like that? Of course I'd come back, especially for you...

You see her blush. She grabs your collar and kisses you.

Clementine: Thank you...

Y/N: No, thank you. If it wasn't for you, we'd be killed or kidnapped... or worse. I, uh, honestly thought we were gonna die on that boat. Especially when we got locked up. But you were there, you got us out.

Clementine: Everyone else helped as much as I did.

Y/N: Except for me. All I did was take a bullet to thy arm.

Clementine: You came back for us.

You chuckled.

Y/N: I did come back for y'all.

Y'all walked in silence for a few minutes.

Y/N: You know, we should change the name of the school. Ericson was a dickbag and I just think we should change the name to something better.

Clementine: Oh, yeah. Definitely,

Y/N: Well, you're the reason we're still alive. I think it's fair you get to pick. What'd you think?