Chapter 23

Once you left that fence, you never stopped running. You ran for as long as your body could handled until you came across the school. You ran through the gate and Louis was the first to notice you.

Louis: Y/N! Are you okay? Did you find Clem, AJ and Tenn?

You held up finger as you caught your breath.

Y/N: I found them. We ran into Minnie... and she went fucking psycho...

Louis: What... happened?

Y/N: She sliced Clem's leg open, and Tenn... he's... he's fucking dead! Me, Clem, and AJ got separated by a herd of walkers. I ran here as fast as I could.

Louis' eyes widen.

Louis: Tenn's dead...? H-how...?

Y/N: I'll explain later... but we gotta go look for them!

Louis: O-okay... We will... but, just... be on watch for a few hours, okay? Maybe they'll show up?

Y/N: Okay... yeah... okay.

Louis: I'm gonna go... make a gravestone... for Tenn.

He walks off and you climbed up the watch tower. As you kept watch, you couldn't help but think of them, Clementine and AJ. After about an hour of watching you see something in the distance. Someone pushing a wheelbarrow. As they got closer you see that it was AJ who pushing Clementine, and she had no leg! You jumped off the tower, opened the gate and waited for them. He brings her in, they were cover in walker guts and Clementine's face has lost a lot of color. You quickly checked for a pulse, and thankfully, there was one.

Y/N: AJ! Oh, my God... what happened...?

AJ: Clem... she... she got bit. I... chopped her leg off to try and save her.

Y/N: Ruby! Get over here!

AJ: I cauter... cauteri...

Y/N: You cauterized the wound?

He nods.

AJ: I even wrapped a piece of rope around it. 

Ruby: Oh, my God! What happened!?

Y/N: We'll explain later, just please, take care of her!

She nodded as she pushed her towards the dorms.

Y/N: Fucking hell...

You put your head in your arms...

AJ: I'm sorry...

You looked up at him.

Y/N: For what?

AJ: I thought chopping off her leg was the right thing to do... I didn't want to kill her...

You knelt down and hugged him.

Y/N: You did the right thing, buddy. She still has a pulse, so maybe she'll be okay.

You let go of him.

Y/N: Come on. Let's go make Lee's gravestone as a surprise for when Clem wakes up.

He smiles as you both make your way towards the graveyard.

--------------

It's been about two day and Clementine has still yet to wake up. Ruby approaches you while you were on watch. 

Ruby: Can you go check up on Clementine? I would, but I got some stuff to do.

Y/N: Yeah... Alright.

He walked towards her room and entered it. You see her still in bed with her eyes closed. You walked up to her and felt for a pulse, there was still one there. You sat on the edge of her bed.

Y/N: Clem, I don't know if you can hear me, but I'm sorry. I shouldn't have left you on that bridge. Maybe... maybe you would still have your leg if I stayed with you and AJ. I don't know when you'll wake up, but I fucking miss you. I haven't realized, but my life is so dull without you around and uh... just please, please wake up soon.

You got up and walked to her door.

Y/N: I... I love you, Clementine...

As you were about to leave you heard her mutter something. Your eyes widen as you turned around.

Y/N: Clem?

She slowly sits up. You ran next to her.

Y/N: Clem! You're alive!

Clementine: What... what're you talking abo--

She lifts up her amputated leg.

Clementine: Oh...

You wrapped your arms around her as hard as you could.

Y/N: I thought... I thought I lost you...

She wraps her arms around you.

Clementine: Sorry to disappoint...

Y/N: Oh, trust me. I am far from disappointed. How's your leg? Or well, uh.

Clementine giggles

Clementine: It's okay... it still feels like my foot is there... How am I gonna walk around?

Y/N: Oh!

You grabbed a pair of crutches.

Y/N: We had these conveniently lying around!

You helped her out of bed as she stands with them.

Clementine: This is gonna take some time to get used to.

Y/N: I know the perfect place we could go to. It'll give you the chance to get used to them.

Clementine gives you a confused look.

Clementine: Where?

Y/N: It's a surprise!

------------------

You and Clem are standing in the graveyard looking at a gravestone labeled "Lee" and under it, it says "Keep that hair short, sweet pea." Clementine hugs you and starts crying.

Clementine: How... how did you...?

Y/N: That last part was AJ's idea. He told me that's what he said to you, and that he calls you "sweet pea".

Clementine: This is... I can't...

You shush her and hold her.

Y/N: You don't have to say anything.     

Clementine: Thank... thank you...

Y/N: Anytime, Clem.

You held onto her in silence, only thing you could hear was her cries.

Clementine: Did... did you mean what you said in the room...?

It took you a minute to realize what she was talking about.

Y/N: Yes, Clementine. Every word of it.

She smiles as she lets more tears lose. She grabs you and gives you a long, passionate kiss.

Clementine: I love you too, Y/N. So much.

You smiled as you held her in your arms. Never wanting the moment to end. It was peaceful, but unlike before, this peacefulness doesn't end. Everyone was finally safe and sound.

----------------

AN: I think this is the end. I might do an "epilogue" type chapter. But this the end and I can finally say I completed a story! I wanted to thank everyone for the support on this and my other stories. It means a lot! 

But until next time, keep that hair short!