Chapter 3: The Grand Journey

"Ladies and Gentlemen, the code event is about to launch. Come here at Majon Town's Center, 8:00 A.M."

The announcement was repeated twice, it can be heard loud enough for townsfolk around the whole area.

"Shall we go?" Kristelle glanced at them and they all nodded in agreement.

On their way, there were a lot of engrossing things that boosted Owen's dedication.

"What is that?" Asked Owen, pondering and pointing at it.

"That's a cotton candy," she replied, face composed.

"What are those?"

"Those are chicken kebabs."

"And what is this?"

"That's the ground Owen!" She exclaimed, then pressed him down and whacked his head a few times.

After a short walk, they eventually reached their destination exactly when it was about to start.

"Wow..." Owen reacted in a high-pitched tone as he looked around -- colorful buntings are hanged overhead across buildings and poles, balloons of different shapes are everywhere, a huge crowd of people with unique codes are gathered, furthermore, a marching band just started playing harmonious music.

"...This is super duper awesome!" He yelled, hopping on one spot again and again.

"What is that thing?" His sparkling eyes were distracted by a red happy- looking air dancer -- a wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man. Without anything to stop him, he ran towards it and danced along like crazy.

"We don't know who this boy is." Kristelle turned away, "I couldn't agree more." Mino noted as he stared at somewhere afar; they stepped closer to the stage leaving Owen out.

"Guys, wait for me!" He shouted and ran back towards them, "I'm sorry." He mumbled, his head down.

"Hey, we were just teasing you." She chortled, and uncontrollably slapped his back too hard.

"Ouch!" Owen slumped on his knees and spaced out, eyes seemingly motionless and empty.

Kristelle and Mino exchanged looks before she reached out to him, "A-Are you alright?"

He was blank for a moment -- soulless and unmoving. It's a painful scenario to watch for the two of them, things might not go well, judging by the current situation. A few seconds after, he snapped out of it and returned to his senses, "What?"

"I asked if are you alright?" She repeated, worried. She offered a helping hand, but Owen didn't pay attention to it.

"Y-Yeah..." He deliberately looked away and to the ground, "You just reminded me of someone I know..."

The atmosphere was awfully tensed and uncomfortable, "...Let's get going, shall we?" Owen stood, pushing himself up, and diverted the unnerving conversation. He forced a smile, but it was noticeably awkward and unnatural. He led them near the stage, just a few meters away.

"You might have gone too far," Mino told Kristelle quietly, head facing her, and shifted his gaze to the young boy in front, "I'm sure you're aware that this is his first time in Majon, let's at least make it special and fun for him."

She reflected to herself and gave a compassionate nod to Mino before walking ahead. It was quite nerve-wracking that Kristelle had to contemplate first, and then she patted Owen by the shoulders, just enough to grab his attention.

"Um... Owen, I--" Her eyes gaped and found herself incredibly surprised. It wasn't a sobbing kid, but rather, a beaming Owen who is trembling in excitement that she stuttered endlessly in disbelief.