[3] Letter

Rue walked around the palace with Min-Soo beside her. When she stays in the castle, Min-Soo is her true attendant. It is also the fact that she does not trust the other servants. They discuss small issues and smile time to time about things that only they knew. Min-Soo scolded her and fixed the ribbons in her hair that Rue insisted on wearing that day.

They halt to a stop and watch the scene in front of them. Soo-Won was gifting Yona with a flower hairpin, and Hak was standing in the background sneaking around. She dismissed Min-Soo and approached the trio.

As she got closer, she saw the three laughing and smiling. Her heart felt warmth at the sight of the three smiling so happily. But it also ached knowing that one day it may not happen any more. Rue threw an apple at Hak's head, a grin on her lips.

Let me blow off some stress.

The male looked back and glared at the Princess. Yona and Soo-Won's eyes lit up as they saw the dark haired girl. Yona gave a smile as Soo-Won grinned. Hak narrowed his eyes at herand growled, "You......!" 

Hak was about to step forward whenRue shoved a steamed bun, out of nowhere, in his mouth. He coughed and hit his chest repeatedly as he swallowed.

"Nee-Chan!" Yona beamed.

"Rue."

"Greetings Soo-Won and Yona."

"Oi, what about me?" Hak grumbled as he finally became able to breathe normally.

"Soo-Won, Yona let's go to the training grounds. Shall we?"

"Hai Nee-Chan."

"Let us, Rue."

"Then let's proceed. But before that," Rue let out a high pitched whistle and an eagle landed on her shoulder. She scratched it's head as it snuggled into her hand.

"Guys, meet my sweet letter bearer."

For awhile the trio were asking about the eagle and how he came to be her companion. Rue saw a piece of paper around it's foot and so did the others. Hak pointed at the paper and asked,

"Rue what is that?"

"Huh? Oh." Rue took a look at the ribbon around it and widened her eyes slightly. The color meant that it was intel from outside.

"Nee-Chan what does it say? Open it and tell us."

Rue quickly untied the letter and took it in her hands before shooing off the eagle.

"Hey grape is it some secret lover?" Hak smirked.

She thanked Hak in her mind for giving her an excuse to read the letter.

"Rue you have a secret lover? Oh dear." Soo-Won teased her further.

"No!" With that Rue ran off, her hands gripping the letter. Hak, Soo-Won and Yona's eyes were wide as they stared at the running girl.

"No way..."

"Grape head actually has a lover?"

"Nee-Chan is in love?!" This sentence caused a strange stir in the hearts of Soo-Won and Hak. Before Yona knew it the two were running into the direction of Rue. Yona groaned.

"Not again!" With that she ran after them as well.

In the end they gave up when they could no longer find her. Also, because they became tired after running around since the morning.

||♪||

Rue was in her room as she sat near the window, the paper in her hands. A frown adorned her lips as she read the letter again. Sighing, she held the letter above the candle and watched it burn. Min-Soo stood behind her as he stood with his arms crossed.

"What should we do now?" He asked with a curious gaze.

"I will have to create a scenario where Yona gets angry and causes me to leave." She sighed, rubbing the inner-corners of her eyes in frustration, "That maniac is planning to kill Il-Heika on the day of the Grand Banquet." She groaned in annoyance.

"It seems really planned, amidst so many people and crowd, it would be easy to make it look like an assassination. What do you think?"

"It is a clever idea, though, I am not fond of him doing it during Yona's birthday celebration week. Heartless guy." Rue rolled her eyes.

"Will we be proceeding as planned, Rue-Himesan?" Min-Soo asked in confirmation.

"We will. Kouka needs a stable infrastructure and Il," her yellow eyes glowed for a moment as thunder crashed, "He, can not bring it that."