Disobey

Warning: bruises, rebellion(?), profanity.

Words 1627

_

Y/n quietly opened the door, there was no doubt her parents were awake though. It was around 8:30, so of course they'd be awake. As she stepped inside, the voice of her mother called from the kitchen, "Is that Tyler or Y/n?" Tyler must've not come home from his meeting yet. It made y/n's stomach flip with anxiety. She hoped her mother would just let her go upstairs.

"It's me, mom." She called back, and before she could run up the stairs Jenna was already racing into the living room to see her.

"I thought you were going to stay out late tonight again, and I got worried-" Jenna stopped as she spotted Y/n's hood. "What's with the hood?" She asked gently yet confusingly. It was at least 70 degrees out.

The thing is, y/n went to a concert her parents weren't okay with her going to. Her friend, Hailey, got pit tickets and she was super excited. However, Jenna and Tyler both decided it wasn't safe to go to one of those. They were both just two little girls at a huge concert. Better yet, in the pit! It was an immediate no from Tyler and it took Jenna some time to think. Tyler's reasoning was that, "there's  guys with huge vans that get high and steal little girls like you." 
And Jenna's reasoning was that "your father is probably right, Y/n." So of course, y/n did the best thing and snuck out. Now, y/n is happy to say that her dad was wrong, there was no high guys with huge vans stealing children, however there was high guys forming a mosh pit not caring where the hell they swung. So, as karma for sneaking out, y/n had gotten a hug shiner and a bruised shoulder.

Y/n shrugged. "I don't know. It's cold outside. Sort of." Her face was lowered, looking at her own feet.

"Look up at me, y/n/n." Jenna said gently, slowly getting closer to her daughter.

"I'd rather not. I want to take a show-" before she could finish her sentence Jenna had already gently removed her hood off of her head.

Jenna immediately covered her mouth with her hands with shock, as she stared at her daughter's bruised face. "Oh god, Y/n. Who did this to you? Who hurt you?" She sounded demanding but it was obvious she was heartbroken. No mother in their right mind wants to see their child beaten. Unless, they were out of their mind of course.

Y/n shrugged. She was no longer staring at the floor to hide her face she was staring at the floor to hide her shame.

Her mother grabbed her by the sleeve of her hoodie as she brought her upstairs. "I'm going to clean you up, and we can talk okay?"

"Okay."

ಠ_ಠ

"Hello?" Tyler answered, the sound of ruffling papers could be heard. Along with a bit of chit-chat in the back.

"Ty, I don't know what to do. Y/n came home and she has a huge black eye and I think she has a concussion." Jenna stressed, placing her palm on her forehead.

It was silent for a moment. "What? Is she okay?"

"That's the thing, Ty. She won't tell me who hit her, and I'm just really worried."

Tyler let out a sigh. "Alright. I'll be home in a few minutes. While you wait for me, ask her how many fingers you're holding up, and also make her follow your index finger. Do you understand what I mean?"

Although he couldn't see, she nodded. "I think so." She sniffled.

"Alright, I'll see you in 10." And he hung up the phone.