第6集

- Riyang pov -

"I will not allow you to marry. It doesn't matter that your son is his blood. You cannot marry him." I fell to the floor at his words, knowing I couldn't fight it without death following. "Your son will be next in line, yes, but you cannot marry him."

"Is it because I do not come from a clan?" I softly asked, not even looking up to face his wrath.

"But, your Majesty, she is my first wife. You made me lie down with her all those years ago. I fell in love with her, and yet you won't allow me to be with her?" I turned to Yixing with a look of shock, not realizing our love was bound together by us both being forced to be together.

"She is unclean. An unclean woman cannot marry a king, even if he is just a prince right now." He explained, making me start to cry.

"Your Majesty, please grant me this wish," Yixing asked, getting on his knees and bowing to his father.

"I will allow her to reside in the palace. She will not marry you, but I will grant your wish of her marrying a prince." We both looked up in confusion as a door opened, Yuan walking in with a face of disinterest. "Riyang, you shall marry my son, Yuan. Yixing is off limits because he is next in line, but I will allow you to marry into my family if that's what you wish."

"Your majesty, forgive me, but I would like to marry Yixing, not because of his status, but because of his heart." I softly said, making him chuckle.

"I understand your wishes, but life in the palace comes with a cost. Do you wish to live with peace under Yuan's house, or be killed instantly for disobedience to the emperor?" He replied, making me stutter a bit as Yuan bowed next to me.

"Just go along with it, for your son's sakes." He softly whispered, his tone telling me he didn't care for it either.

When I gave in, I was sent to my residence to prepare for the wedding. I disliked the arrangement with all my heart, but I knew I had to protect my children and make sure they live to be strong and wise.

"Mama, you're very pretty in the wedding gown." I looked to my side and smiled at Shuyang, who was giving me a gift. I held my hands open and he placed a cherry blossom in my palms. "I wanted to give you this because it reminded me of you."

"Thank you, my son. You're very thoughtful. Please stay like this, even if I can no longer see you as often as we wish." I softly replied, brushing his hair from his face and smiling.

- Yuan pov -

I walked into the residence she was now to reside in, examining the walls and sighing, trying to look everywhere except for where she was, dressed in red and waiting for my presence. Her smile was just as uncomfortable as my own was as I sat next to her.

"I know this is very uncomfortable and inconvenient for both of us, but I hope you know I will cherish you as well as I can despite my heart not being in it." I softly said, nervously playing with my sleeves.

"Are you renaming my children to fit into your family?" She asked, looking to me with innocent eyes.

"No. Father insisted on changing their names to fit our family. I dislike it as much as they do, but it would make sense since they're children of the Palace." I answered, making her nod and sigh. I glanced down as she subconsciously rubbed her hand across her stomach. "How far along are you?"

"What are you talking about?" She asked with a laugh, making me sigh and push her into the bed.

"We should make it look like the child is mine, at least for the servant's listening to us right now. Don't worry, I'll raise it as my own, though I know it is my brother's." I told her, making her shake with fear as I towered over her, gently asserting my dominance as I stripped her of her dress. I smiled when I saw her stomach already swollen with child.

"You, how did you know?" I chuckled at her shyness as I rubbed her stomach.

"My wife and I have three daughters and another child on the way. I've learned to see the pregnancy in a woman despite the layers of clothing in an attempt to hide it." I replied, giving her a small kiss on her forehead as I put her dress back to its original position, leaving her in the bed as I sat instead on the small seat. "You look about the same as my wife does, so I'd say you have four or five more months before the child is born. I'll say it was mine from before our marriage was officiated."

"Thank you, my Lord. I know I could be killed for having a child with the Crown Prince though I am a lowly consort." She softly said, sitting up and holding her arms across herself, presumably feeling embarrassed about having been exposed in front of me.

"You're very innocent for your previous job. It's adorable." I told her, making her blush. I chuckled before giving a soft bow and leaving, returning to my own chambers, where I was met with my beloved wife.

"Finished already? Was she that enjoyable that you had to leave right away?" I looked to her in confusion, her normally humble self replaced with a jealous soul as she folded her arms in irritation.

"My love, what has gotten into you? You know I would only ever want to touch you. We merely talked and drank some tea." I responded, making her laugh.

"The servants heard your sounds of pleasure and soft whispers, don't bother lying to me." She snapped, pushing a vase off the table. "I will have your children. She is nothing to you. I want my child on the throne, even if it means killing all of hers."