第10集

Six Years Later

- Fu (Shuyang) pov -

I placed my hands roughly upon my brother, glaring up at him as he remained stoic and firm in his stance. I shoved him into the wall and started crying, punching his chest, praying he would show emotions as his siblings were being attacked by others.

"Rui ge, please. Can't you see Xiaofei and I are suffering at the hands of Huali and Lin Lin?" I asked, looking up into his eyes with my tears flowing. "You promised you'd protect me."

"You told me you never wanted to see me again, since I made you the victim to a monster the moment I left. I'm merely keeping your wishes." He replied, looking back with an almost dead expression.

"Ge, you know I was just upset because mother was ill. You know I didn't mean those words, so why are you so mean to me now?" I asked, brushing off my Hanfu and turning away from my elder. "Even if you aren't going to protect me, at least protect your sister. She needs you more than I do."

With those final words, I left him in the library, no longer wanting anything to do with him. I made my way to the throne room, smiling as I was met with my father. After bowing, I walked over and sat in my seat beside his.

"Father, you must realize what the queen is doing to your son. I hope you will deal with it accordingly." I harshly said, looking down as my irritation began to show again.

"She will be dealt with. She killed your mother, and is now trying to get rid of you as well. She still wishes for her son to have the throne." He replied, sighing as he out down his scrolls.

"I know my little brother did nothing wrong, nor does he wish for the throne. Please be merciful on him, father." I asked, making him chuckle as he let my hair.

I could see in his eyes he was still missing mother, though she had long since left this world. I couldn't deny that he saw my pain as well, since I was closest to her and was there when she was buried. We sat in silence for a moment, lost in our memories as we let go of our pain. I knew that, one day, we would get past this pain and become stronger.

- Yuan pov -

"Feifei I'm going to visit the western borders today. I won't return for a few weeks. Will you be alright while I am away?" I asked, looking down to the small girl who was sewing an elaborate design onto a ribbon.

"Yes father. I will await your return as always. Fu ge treats me well, and I know he will protect me from Her Majesty if she makes a move against us while you are visiting the border." She replied, looking up with a smile.

It made me smile with pride, seeing how mature she was for being so young. I knew Yixing ge and I were quite reckless at her age, as were her brothers. I pet her hair before leaving, wishing my other daughters well as I made my way to the carriage that would carry me to the place far away from the palace.

The view was pretty, the roads quite exquisitely pleasing as I travelled. The days were taking longer than I wanted, as the snow began to fall by the time I reached the one residence I'd been looking forward to seeing for the past six months. I saw the figure I knew so well standing underneath a cherry blossom tree, the last flowers falling into her grasp as she smiled, hair flowing freely now that she was free.

"Yuan." I pressed my lips against hers the moment she said my name, making her gasp in surprise, but return the gesture nonetheless.

I led her inside and kissed her again, making her blush as I pushed her against the wall and continued pressing my lips to hers.

"Yuan, please. Your servants are still outside. They will be able to hear us if we continue like this." She softly begged, though her eyes told me to continue.

"Alright, but I missed you so much I am just having a hard time constraining my urges to kiss you until you are too weak to resist my charms." I replied, making her chuckle as her face became the same color as her dress.

"You don't have to kiss me to make me surrender to your charms. Just tell the servants to leave for the evening and return in the morning. I'm sure they would like to stay somewhere warm as the evening is coming, and more snow will surely fall." She explained, earning a red tint from my own cheeks as my excitement got the better of me.

I quickly told the servants that they should return in two days time, since I had lots of business to discuss with the woman residing here, earning knowing looks from them all. They all silently obeyed, bowing and taking their things, departing and leaving me to myself and my lover.

When I returned, her hair was let down a little more, and she had a flirtatious smile upon her lips as she waited for me on her bed.

"Are you so needy as to tell them to leave for so long?" She asked, making me chuckle as I laid down beside her, my hand tracing her hair with seductive eyes.

"My love, you're just as needy to already be in your sleepwear, knowing it is much, much easier to remove that simple article of clothing off of your beautiful body." I replied, inching a little further in as she smirked and turned away out of embarrassment. She shivered as I placed my lips upon her neck, making her weak and malleable to my will.

"Yuan, I am yours to take control of, no need to be so slow about it." She whispered, earning a chuckle from me as I kissed her upon her sweet lips.

"I love you, Riyang."