第13集

Xiao Fu's POV

I glared at the man standing before me. If I had been innocent, he would've merely been an uncle I cared for. But I knew what he did, who he'd been hiding. Now, he was a man I wanted vengeance against for taking my life away from me.

My father held me back, his compassion and wisdom keeping me honorable before the court. I watched as my brother walked in, bowing and paying respects to both me and my father.

"Confess to your crimes. There is no point in hiding it." My father said, staring at his younger brother with a pained expression.

Yuan looked to the floor, bowing and kneeling to the ground. He began to sob, mumbling about his life being spared for the words he was about to speak.

"Please, just relate to us the words you are demanded of. We are prepared for any damaging news." I complained, earning a glare from my father and a chuckle from my brother.

"I, I was tired of my brother getting everything handed to him. The girl belonged to me, but she was given to him. He laid down with her and produced children with him, all while I desired her." He explained, chuckling as his thoughts became words. "As soon as she had given birth to the child, I began to poison her. Just enough for her to believe she was dying, but it was quite an easy cure once I took her out of the capital."

He looked to me, then to my brother, then to my father, smiling as he saw our confused expressions.

"I told her that you all had given up on her, no longer cared for the whore she is. She was finally mine, giving me all I wanted whenever I wanted it." Yuan began to laugh as he finished his thoughts, our anger showing as his humor drowned us all. "I had almost completely gotten away with it if it wasn't for this bastard son of my father."

"Don't speak of my brother like that." I hissed, earning a chuckle from him as he stood up and walked right up to Rui, slapping him with so much force he fell to the ground.

My brother didn't cry, though, instead just staring at him as if it was nothing he hadn't suffered before. Rui wiped the blood from his mouth and stood back up, returning to his original posture as if nothing had occurred.

"What is the meaning of hitting your flesh and blood?" My father asked, making Yuan chuckle again.

"He is no brother of mine. He's the son of a harlot, worth nothing to me nor the throne. Why should you care for him as if he was anything more than grass for us to tread on?" He replied, making me coil my fists in an attempt to remain calm. "Why would you turn your back on the true son of the throne in order for this whore's son to claim it?"

"You dare speak of the Crown Prince in such a manner?" Rui asked, aggressiveness in his stance as he threatened to defend me with his blood.

Xiaofei's POV

I pushed past the guards and forced my way into the court where my father and brothers were discussing the crimes and evil deeds committed by the one who raised me.

I saw my brother almost ready to slit my father's throat, the King and the Crown Prince watching in anger. They all turned in surprise when I came running in, slipping between Rui ge and my father to protect him.

"He does not deserve death! It's merely a Mistress, what is the big deal?" I shouted, making Fu ge laugh as he tried to keep his tears at bay.

"You are still innocent, little one. I see you did not know the words he just spoke to us." He told me, looking to my father. "Do tell, since she is your kin. Or, would you like us to reveal the truth to her for you?"

"Don't okay games like that with me. She is innocent on this, I will do no such thing as ruining her youth by saying anything." I turned to my father, backing up to stand next to my brothers. "Feifei, return home. You don't need to be here for this."

"Fuqin, I will not obey you today. I must know, no matter the cost." I replied, eyes glaring with curiousness as my brother gingerly held my hand.

"I would rather die than spill those words." He answered, spitting at the ground before grabbing my brother's sword and holding it against his own throat. "Would you like to have me end my own life?"

"Would your wife like to see you die?" Uncle asked, making father falter. We all turned to see where he was staring, and I fell to the ground at the sight of the ghost in the corner, crying and holding a child.

"Ri, Riyang what are you doing here?" Father stuttered, dropping the sword and walking over towards her. She backed away, holding the child close as she protected herself from him.

"Is it true? All the words you spoke?" She whimpered, making me even more confused. The ghost was so life-like, it felt surreal to see mother standing there, shaking in fear at father.

"You, you heard?" He fell to his knees and held her skirt, begging for her attention as she looked up to Uncle.

"Did you truly miss me?" Uncle nodded, no longer keeping his composure as he let his tears fall. I watched as my brothers ran to the ghost, holding her tightly.

Father dropped his hands, letting the woman come forward to greet them.

I realized she was not a ghost, that my mother was standing before me with tears in her eyes as she held my brothers in her arms. I started crying, running over to her as well.

"Ma!" I shouted, earning a smile from her.

"My little Feifei, how you have grown." She softly said, brushing my hair back.

"I will not sit back and watch all of my work fall apart." We all gasped as he grabbed the small child that mother had come in with, holding a sword to his neck. "I will kill both him and myself if you go back to this life."