fourteen

third person

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

The cold air whizzed past Maekawa, making her slightly shiver. She buried her hands in the pockets of her uniform's pockets in an attempt to seize their trembling.

It was currently late spring of their second year in high school. After spending her first year being a manager for the Fukurōdani boy's volleyball team, she was coaxed into continuing on the following year. Seeing as Fumiko had graduated, Maekawa felt a sort of responsibility to take on the position as full-time manager. This year, she would be the only manager for the team.

"Chi-chan, do you want my scarf?" Akaashi held out the maroon material, offering it to Maekawa who was visibly cold.

She smiled politely, waving it off. "Nah, I'm fine. I just need-"

"Mae-chan! Akaashi!" Upon hearing her name roll off Bokuto's tongue, she felt her heart warm along with the rest of her body. "Morning!"

"I'm content." Maekawa mumbled as she closed her eyes, embracing the cold temperatures.

"Show me your hands, Mae-chan!" Bokuto said as he stopped her, standing in the way of her path.

Cocking her head to the side in confusion, she reluctantly pulled her hands out of her pockets and showed them to Bokuto.

With a cheeky smile, he slid his gloves onto her hands and helped put her fingers in the proper spots. "Keep them! Your hands are shaking like crazy!"

"What about you?" Maekawa asked, worried that Bokuto's hands would become cold without his gloves.

The frosted tip boy flashed her a gummy grin, reassuring her that he was fine since the body temperature was higher than hers.

As the three headed into the school, they noticed a crowd forming outside of their classroom. It's been a few months since the school had started and spring was nearly over. The commotion outside their classroom was rare, inducing excitement within the three.

"Hey, hey, hey! What's going on?" Bokuto's shouts caught the attention of a familiar classmate of theirs.

"Ah, Bokuto-san, didn't see you there." Konoha greeted Bokuto casually, pointing at the commotion with his thumb. "We have a new student. I guess she's from America, so everyone's curious."

"America, huh?" Akaashi murmured, remaining beside Maekawa and Bokuto who didn't make a move towards the foreign student.

"What does she look like?" Bokuto asked, curious as to what a foreigner looked like. It was rare to get foreigners, so it was always an educational experience.

Konoha mimicked a hair motion, trying to explain what he saw. "Uh, she has like..long blonde hair. It's kinda wavy, I guess. Her eyes are blue like Akaashi's."

The description wasn't all that much, but it made Maekawa worry. Bokuto's curiosity made her panic and wonder if he was interested in foreign women like that. If so, she couldn't compete.

"Kei-chan, don't you have to get to class?" Maekawa asked, distracting herself from Bokuto's conversation with Konoha.

He nodded, removing his scarf since the temperature was considerably higher within the building. "I guess I'll be going now. See you later, Chi-chan."

"Bye, Kei-chan!" Maekawa waved at his retreating figure, noticing females quickly drift towards him as he walked down the hall.

When Maekawa turned around, Bokuto had entered the classroom. Her panic increased when she saw the new girl in front of him, talking casually with the male.