epilogue

this was rushed, lazy and all around garbage, but I couldn't really think of any other way to end this epilogue. I wanted to mention the new additions and mostly focus on that.

〚 third person 〛

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

A few years after highschool, Bokuto kept his promise and swapped her current ring with a sleek diamond wedding ring. The two got happily married at age 21.

Not long before, Kyouya and Hikari got married and had their first child together. Their child was a boy who they named Takao.

Akaashi and Yano rearranged the order by having a child then getting married. Around the same time, Maekawa had a child too.

Fortunate for them, they were all able to live in their childhood neighborhood. Maekawa moved into the Bokuto household after Kyouya and Hikari moved away. They didn't move that far since their new house was down the street. Yano gladly moved into Akaashi's house after he asked her to be his wife. Kuroo moved into Maekawa's old house with his significant other and daughter. Aomine, much to Akaashi's displeasure, moved into Yano's old home with his wife and son.

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

"Mommy, I wanna go play!" Kazuki whined as he tugged on his mother's shirt. She was stood in the kitchen with her attention focused on the food before her.

Glancing down, she smiled sweetly and bent down to his height. "I know, Kazuki, but you have to ask nicely."

He pouted for a moment, letting go of the hem of her shirt. "Can I please go play at Aimi's house?"

Smiling with content, she stood up as she ruffled his hair gently. "Okay, honey. Be back by sundown, okay?"

"K, bye, momma!" Kazuki shouted as he flew out the front door to the house next door. His mother sighed softly, turning back to her food that was cooking on the stove.

Hands slowly snaked around her waist as a body pressed against her back. They leaned into her touch, inhaling her sweet apricot scent that lingered.

"What'cha making?" The two-tone haired male murmured, burying his face in the crook of her neck as she giggled.

"Your favorite, Kou. Yakiniku." She answered backed, feeling him perk up slightly at the mention.

"Yummy. Smells good." Bokuto mumbled, peppering kiss on her neck.

Maekawa giggled, turning around to face the male completely. "Are you talking about the food or me?"

Bokuto shrugged, smirking slightly. "Both?"

"You do realize I'm still here, right?" Takao said flatly as he stared at Bokuto and Maekawa who were too busy flirting to notice him. Hopping off the couch, he headed for the door. "On second thought, I'll just wait at home for my parents to come back."

Bokuto and Maekawa went silent for a moment before bursting out laughing. "He's so serious for a thirteen year old."

"That leaves us alone though." Bokuto mumbled against Maekawa's lips, smirking slightly at his wife who looked too pretty to be thirty-five years old. "You haven't change a bit since we were 18."

Maekawa smiled, pressing her lips to Bokuto's. "And you somehow look even just as good as you did back then."

In the house across the street, there was a small debate going on within the Akaashi household.

"Keiji, calm down. It's not a big dea-" Yano tried to calm her husband who was quietly throwing a fit over something that he couldn't control.

"Why did she have to like his son though?" Akaashi asked, pointing a finger in the direction of the kids outside he house. In front of the house, Akaashi's daughter was standing beside Aomine's son as they waited for Kazuki and Aimi.

"Sakura says he's nice to her and treats her like a princess." Yano defended, making Akaashi huff slightly and drop onto the couch. He acts like a five year old when it comes to Sakura.

"I'll bet he's a perv like his father." Akaashi mumbled, earning a guilty look from Yano. He's not wrong.

"Aimi! Let's play!" Kazuki, Bokumae's son, shouted as he knocked on her door hard. Moments later, the door opened and revealed the raven haired female. A small frown sat upon her lips as she squinted because of the sunlight. "C'mon, let's play volleyball. Sakura and Satoru are waiting!"

"I kinda wanted to play animal crossing today." Aimi mumbled, noticing her fathers in the kitchen together. Kuroo had his head rested around Kenma's shoulder as the smaller male made simple Mac and cheese. "And they're making Mac and chee-"

"Just for a little while, Aimi! It's no fun if you're not there!" Kazuki whined, grabbing Aimi's hand and tugging her out the door.

"But I don't even do anything properly." Aimi responded flatly, unsure of why he'd want someone as uncoordinated as her to play.

Kazuki flashed her a bright grin, being a spitting image of both Maekawa and Bokuto at the same time. "I just wanna be with you. I want you around all the time."

A soft chuckled escaped his lips as her red tinted cheeks went unnoticed. Reluctantly placing her Nintendo switch down, she closed the door behind her and allowed Kazuki to drag her over to the others.

"Satoru, Sakura, ready?!" All three began their journey to the park as their parents watched from house window.

"Is this how our parents felt when they saw us hanging out together?"

"Hmm, maybe you're right."

a/n - no cap, this chapter is hot garbage but ignore dat.

small note: Akaashi and Yano's daughter is named Sakura after the Sakura trees that Yano loved and Akaashi came to love because of it. You could say that their love blossomed in the Sakura trees LOL.

THANK YOU FOR READING HATSUKOI AND STICKING WITH ME TO THE END. THIS BOOK WAS SO MUCH FUN TO WRITE AND I ENJOYED IT MORE RHAN I SHOULDVE.

{ my next book }

a Tsukishima x OC book which will be hopefully coming in late May or early July. I hope you guys will read that one too when it comes out hahah!!

- yours truly, keisgf <3