twenty-two

〚 third person 〛

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

One calm weekend was ruined by the two idiots who unintentionally killed Yano's plans.

"Tenten, come with us!" Bokuto exclaimed, jumping on Yano's bed to make her bounce upwards a bit. Maekawa pulled Yano's sheets slightly, revealing the female who laid on the bed with a look of irritation on her face.

"Pleaseee, Keiji's coming too." Maekawa begged, bending down beside Yano's bed to look her in the eyes.

"Where the hell are you even going?" Yano murmured, burying her face in her pillow to hide her face.

Maekawa shrugged, glancing at Bokuto who returned the shrug. "The mall. We just wanna hang out with all of us like before."

Yano heard the sadness in Maekawa's voice and felt a bit guilty for her lack of vigor to hang with them after all this time.

Throwing the covers off of her, Yano sat upright and sighed softly, rubbing her tired eyes. "Okay, okay, I'll go."

Upon hearing that, Bokuto and Maekawa cheered, rushing out of the room to get changed for the mall day. They were, of course, matching like the lovesick idiots they were.

Yano wore a simple red and black striped t-shirt with some black jeans. On her feet were some vans that she had gotten about a year ago.

Exiting her house, she spotted Bokuto, Maekawa and Akaashi gathered up on the sidewalk in front of her house. Bokuto and Maekawa wore matching graphic tees, both of them having dinosaurs on them. Akaashi wore a red and black flannel, coincidentally matching with Yano. He had dark grey jeans which almost looked black.

"Wow, we match." Yano pointed out, making Akaashi glance up at her then down at her outfit.

He pursed his lips slightly, nodding his head. "I guess we do."

"Okay!! Let's go!" Maekawa grabbed Bokuto's arm, leading the way to the mall.

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

"Oh my god." Yano facepalmed lightly, sighing deeply. Akaashi stood beside her with a frustrated expression as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

The mall was packed; something about a special sale going on at one of the stores. Not even ten minutes into their short mall 'group hangout' day, Bokuto and Maekawa has gotten lost along the group of people.

At first, Akaashi and Yano assumed that the two were ditching them purposefully, but soon realized that the two were, in fact, lost.

"Those two would never ditch us." Akaashi sighed, rubbing his temples in an attempt to soothe the incoming headache. "They're too soft-hearted for that."

Yano bobbed her head slightly, agreeing with his statement. "They really are."

Akaashi glanced at the phones in his hand and groaned internally. The one time they ask me to hold their phones, they get swept away by the waves.

With no way to contact the two and no sense of which direction they went, Akaashi and Yano began cluelessly searching.

"Bo?" Yano called out, trying not to attract too much attention to herself. "Chi-chan?"

"Chinatsu?" Akaashi called out too, cupping his mouth to increase the volume of his words. "Bokuto-san?"

With their attention on the crowd of people ahead of them, they hadn't notice the small human that bumped into Akaashi.