seventeen

third person

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

"Oh, so that's how it is." Bokuto asked as he curled up under the sheets. Maekawa nodded, brushing her teeth in the bathroom. "Thank goodness."

She peeked her head out of the bathroom, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "What?" She asked silently, still brushing her teeth.

Bokuto grinned, lifting his head from the pillow. "I though you'd never come back. Thank goodness this is only a short trip."

Maekawa slowly moved back into the bathroom, crouching down as her cheeks flamed up. Does he want me home that bad?

Finishing up in the bathroom, Maekawa reentered the room to find Bokuto laid on the bed still. The blanket was pulled up over his head, making his body look like a lump of sheets.

"Are you going somewhere today?" Bokuto asked, feeling the bed dip slightly beside him. He peeked his head out, noticing Maekawa laying on the side of the bed with her head rested on the headboard.

Shrugging, she chuckled at Bokuto's eye that peeked out and jokingly tried to poke it. "Not really. I don't have anywhere specific I have to go."

Bokuto brightened up at that statement and sat up quickly, letting the blanket fall. He scooted over to her, sitting like she was with his back flush against the headboard.

"Can we go somewhere today? Anywhere!" Bokuto beamed, hopefully awaiting for Maekawa's answer. Weak to his bright smile and glimmering eyes, she nodded happily and watched him cheer.

"I'm gonna get ready then!" Bokuto called out, rushing to the bathroom with a shirt in hand. Once he shut the door, Maekawa fell over and buried her face in the blankets as a muffled scream exited her lips.

When Bokuto said he'd be her replacement, he wasn't kidding. She had assumed that it was just a small joke or a figure of speech, but nope.

By the time he had arrived in Tokyo, the last train had already left which meant he couldn't return home now. Yano and Aomine had disappeared and never returned while Kuroko left the scene long ago because he knew he wouldn't be needed anyway.

Despite being nervous as heck to be alone with Bokuto, she invited him to her hotel room and allowed him to crash their for the night.

While Maekawa nearly fell asleep as Bokuto took a shower, he returned with a pie of sweats he brought along in his bag.

Half asleep, she felt the bed dip and a warmth engulf her. Her eyes fluttered open, noticing Bokuto's bare chest in front of her. He pulled her closer, wrapping his arms around her small body and getting comfortable under the sheets. His head was rested on the pillow, his chin barely grazing the top of her head.

It wasn't the first time they slept in the same bed. This wasn't much of a surprise they had been friends for over nine years now. Although, this time was very different since they weren't in each other's room, but in a hotel room with no parents or family around.

Inhaling his soapy scent, her eyes fluttered closed, and she had no time to think before she fell asleep again.

When she awoke, she was surprised to find herself in Bokuto's arm while their legs tangled together under the sheets. The warmth was comforting and welcoming, so much that Maekawa just wanted to stay in bed all day with him like this.