twenty

〚 third person 〛

⋄ ⋄ ⋄

After their match that they won, the team agreed to gather up on the weekend to celebrate and hang out. It was a fun and lighthearted idea; an idea that they planned without telling Bokuto or Maekawa. Nonetheless, it was still a good idea.

Until Bokuto and Maekawa found out that it would be the same day they agreed they were going to hang out.

The two had agreed to hang out on Sunday together, both coincidentally deciding that they'd confess their feelings that day when the chance came.

Now, it was pretty much ruined.

"Where should we go?" Konoha asked, walking beside Maekawa who looked nervous. She was constantly looking for a chance to tell Bokuto how she felt, but it wasn't working. Everyone on the team were unintentionally getting in the way.

"Bokuto-san, do you have any ideas?" Akaashi asked, glancing at Bokuto who jumped slightly after being snapped back to reality.

Plastering a smile on his face, he held his fists up in the air as he cheered. "Barbecue!"

A chorus of hums sounded as everyone agreed with a barbecue. Akaashi found a place nearby and escorted the group to the restaurant.

"How many?"

Akaashi glanced around, turning back to the lady who looked at the large group with curious eyes. "Nine."

After a few minutes of waiting, they were seated in a booth that surprisingly fit all nine of them.

Much to their dismay, Bokuto and Maekawa sat opposite of each other.

Bokuto sat beside Akaashi who was busy talking to Washio about something. Maekawa sat in front of Bokuto, stuck in between Sarukui and Komi who were chatting up a storm with her.

"What you did at that game was pretty awesome, Maekawa-san." Komi grinned, nudging Maekawa with his elbow. She blushed at the mention of what she did at the game.

"No way. It was nothing." She mumbled sheepishly, eliciting a laugh form Sarukui and Komi.

"How'd you even know to do that?" Sarukui asked, leaning on the table to look at her better.

She pointed at her phone. "His older brother called me and told me he wasn't doing so good. I went on my own to cheer him on."

"Wow." Both Sarukui and Komi said as they shared the same thought at once. She's so in love with him.

"Here's your food." The old man said as he placed down a bunch of meat in front of them. Everyone lunged at the chance to cook the meat so they could eat.

"Here." Bokuto said as he placed a few pieces of cooked meat on her plate. Maekawa glanced up, noticing him staring at the grill instead of her.

"Ehh? Isn't this yours? I can't take you-"

"Keep it. There's plenty to go around." Bokuto interjected, placing more meat on the grill. Maekawa wasn't sure whether or not to be happy that he gave up the grilled meat or upset over that fact that he cut her off so curtly.

"Wow~ Look at him being a gentleman!" This comment earned a loud 'shut up' from Bokuto who nearly blew a fuse. It made everyone in the booth chuckle with amusement.

"Komi-kun.." Maekawa quietly groaned as she looked down at her shirt that was now covered in sauce. Komi had accidentally whacked her arm, knocking the food in between her chopsticks out of her grips.