Chapter Four

The next day passed with ease. I mostly spend me time reintroducing myself to the team that I once worked with, and, to my surprise, they even brought Paul back. I swear our fans are the only ones who have ever made it so the security needed security. I also found out that, despite the fact that management had booked the whole, the band members and I only got two rooms between us. Zayn, Liam and Niall shared a four bed suite with two bathrooms, leaving me alone, for now, until my spare bed was occupied, by none other than Louis. 

Leaving breakfast the day after, I find my room door left open, even though I swear I locked it before we left. 

"Hello?" I call out into the suite. 

Opening the door, I see Louis. He turns and faces me but says nothing. I scan him quickly; he hasn't changed a bit in the last five years. The ends of his fingers poke out of his oversized Adidas hoodie, the green of the jumper bringing out the brilliant blue in his eyes. His hair, longer than I've ever seen it, was pushed back and to the side. I let a small smile cross my face.

"Hey," He breathes.

"Haven't seen you in a while, how are you?"

I let myself walk over to him, and pull him into a hug. It feel the same as our first hug, and our last. His arms wrap around my neck, and I swear I feel his hands touch his elbows, forcing his body to completely press against me. My hands reach his upper back and I feel his shoulder blades through the material of his hoodie. I take a deep breath in; he smells the same. 

"How are you?" I say into his shoulder, breaking the silence. 

"I'm good, yeah," I can feel his warm breath against my neck. "You?"

"I'm okay."

Our further conversation came with ease. I forgot how funny Louis is. Maybe being friends with him wasn't going to be that difficult after all. We were friends in the band after we broke up, so why couldn't we do it now? Though I doubt stolen moments in the back of the tour bus would be happen this time around. 

Louis brings up his son in conversation, and he pulls his phone out of his back pocket to show me a photo. There on the screen, a little blond boy with ocean eyes beams back at me. I look over at Louis. He's smiling at the screen, matching that of the small child. Wrinkles form around his eyes, like they do when he's truly happy. He looks up at me, with pride prominent in his eyes. 

"He looks like you," I smile at him. "He's got your eyes." 

Louis just nods in agreement. Tears begin to pool in his eyes and I place my hand in the small of his back.

"I miss him," His voice is shaking. "But it's okay. I'm going to see him soon, because he lives here in London. Bri says I can have him on my next free day."

"That's good, Lou," Unconsciously, I rub my hand up and down his back. 

"You should come. I'm sure Freddie would love to meet his Uncle Harry."

"Really?" I grin, happy to hear Louis still considers me family. 

"Yeah sure, anytime," He replies, matching my smile.

I look down at my phone. 

"We've been here two hours, the lads will flip if they know you're here and haven't said hello yet."

"Alright," He chuckles, "Let's go."

-

I walk ahead of Louis into the communal room. The boys have both the television and speakers on full volume, but they all have their heads down at their phones. I didn't realise Zayn even owned one. 

"Hey, lads," I'm met with mumbles in return, their heads barely lift from their mobiles. "There's someone here for you."

Louis poked his head around the door, nodding at members of the management team. He eyes trace the line of sofas and landing on the boys. He coughs and Niall looked up.

Niall's eyes shine. "Hey!" He shouts to the boy only a few feet away. "What's up, mate?" He gets up and grabs Louis, bouncing on his heels.

"I'm good, what about you?" Louis exclaims, slapping Niall on the back.

"Yeah, I'm good, now that we're all here," He smiles and looks around the room.

Liam interrupts, pulling both of them into his arms. He encloses both of the smaller boys in his reach. I let them have a few seconds, before joining them. I wrap my arms around Liam and Niall, pushing  myself between them. I feel Louis hand on Liam's back, and he takes mine in his and squeezes it. 

I realise there's something thing missing, or rather, someone. Zayn. I watch Louis walked over to him, and open his mouth but nothing comes out. 

"Louis, I'm so sorry."

Louis laughs. "That's what I wanted!" He pulls Zayn towards him and wraps his arms around his shoulders.

The other guys cheer, and I join them, relieved that they could see eye to eye again. We come together into a group hug, and I feel the warmth of the others wrap around me. As we all pull away, I meet Louis eye. He throws me one of those smiles; a smile with no teeth, but still just as charming. His pink lips together but pulled up at the edges, and his eyes crease at the sides. 

"Why don't we go get some food? Just us bandmates?" Niall suggested, pushing his glasses back up his nose. 

"Good plan," I flash management a sideways glance. "Just us, yeah?"

The other boys nod in agreement, and we dash out of the door. Niall picks us his pace and starts jogging down the hallway towards the stairs, in what I can only assume is an attempt to get away from management quickly. I watch the others join him, before getting faster myself.

-

I look around the large, round dining table. Louis sits on my right, Niall on my left, with Liam and Zayn opposite me. I watch as Louis laughs at Niall, but I can't tell if what Niall said was actually funny, or if his laugh is what has sent Louis into a fit of giggles. I look over at Niall, who is shaking with laugher, and then back at Louis. There's just something about him. His laugh takes over the whole table.

I feel something on my leg, and when I look down, Louis is resting his left hand on my thigh. I don't question it, but instead rest my hand on top of his. He looks at me, and for a second I think he's going to move away, but instead he just smiles at me and turns back to the boys. 

We're in the middle of a conversation when my phone rings, and I recognise it as the same one that summoned me here a few days ago. I sigh and turn to the boys, rolling my eyes.

"Go on, you're going to have to answer it," Liam nods. 

I swipe the screen and lift the phone to my ear.

"Harry, it's Lizzie. We need to talk to you and Louis right now."

*******
What do you guys think? What does Lizzie want to talk to them about? Like a like, comment and add to your reading list if you enjoyed. 

Have a good day! Kat. x