Chapter Sixteen

It's a few weeks later, we're in Italy for the European leg of the tour and I walk into the interview room, shaking hands with everyone as I go in. Pulling a seat out for Louis, I take a chair of my own. Looking around, I take in the surroundings. Floor to ceiling windows line the back wall, making the already white walls seem even brighter. There's a plant in the corner, and a mirror with a gold frame hangs on the wall. A woman sits at the head of a table in the centre of the room.

"Hello, boys. Thank you for meeting with us today," The interviewer says, pushing a pair of black glasses onto her head.

"That is no problem, anytime," Niall says with a laugh.

"So, this is your comeback tour," She nods, her Italian accent thick. "Is it true that this will be your last tour, and you will go back to solo careers?"

I take her question. "Yes, that is true. We promised the fans that we would come back, but we've been enjoying solo work so much, that we will be going back to it."

"Ah right, I see. And lots of the fans want to know about Zayn's involvement, as he is in the album, but isn't on tour with you guys."

"Yes," Liam hesitates. "He's in on the album, but, for personal reasons, he hasn't come on tour with us, and won't be involved in One Direction from now on."

I have to stop myself rolling my eyes. Liam's word are heavily rehearsed, and I've heard them a hundred times before, and even had to learn to recite them myself. 

The interviewer turns to me and Louis. "I want to ask you about a rumour," She gestured between us. "Who is Larry Stylinson?"

"Friend of ours," Niall interrupts with a scoff.

The woman rolls her eyes and turns back to us. "Is their something between you guys? Is Larry real?" She smiles at us, a cheeky look on her face.

"Yeah, some people genuinely, seriously think we're in a relationship, but we just started out as really good friends." Louis says, mimicking words I've heard him say before.

I smile at her, slightly worried about her reaction, but thankfully she just smiles and turns to Niall. 

"Is your solo music part of your tour?"

The brown-haired boys nods. "Yep, we each have time where we sing our own music. It's mostly the bigger songs. I'm doing Nice To Meet Ya and This Town, Harry's doing Sign Of The Times, for example."

"Okay, that's really cool. Do you think it will make your concerts better?"

"That's the plan," Liam says with a wink. 

The interview drags on, and we hear the same questions as we've heard any times before. 

"Can I get your number?" The interviewer grabs my arm as I get up to leave.

I can feel Louis' eyes boring into the back of my head. He puts his hand on my thigh, pinching it and I try not to wince. 

"No, I'm not looking to go out with anyone right now," I watch her face fall, blonde hair covering her eyes. "I'm sure you're lovely, though. Sorry."

As we're leaving, I turn to Louis. "That hurt, you little shit."

"She shouldn't been flirting with my man then, should she?" He flashes me a mischievious grin, shoving me playfully in the shoulder. 

*******

Treat people with kindness. Kat. x