Chapter Fifteen

"Let's smash it, lads!"

We all cheer, and step out of the bus to meet with management. 

The team are gathered around a table set up in the backstage entrance to the stadium. Walking over to them, they greet us, surprisingly happy. 

"Hey lads," Lizzie waves. I wave back. 

I look around at the stuffy corridor. There are signed posters all over the walls, that of football clubs and some music artists - I'm sure we're there somewhere. Tables are dotted everywhere, covered in equipment in sets of five. I pick up my earpiece from the desk, and reach back to hand Louis his.  Niall shouts my name and throws my microphone in my direction. The green strip around the bottom reminds me of performing many years ago. I look over at Louis, his blue microphone in his hand.

"How about a pre-show shot, eh?" I hear Liam from the other side of the room. 

"Alright, alright. Just one, Liam." I reply.

We stand around the table, Liam pouring whiskey into small glasses. I take one and tip it down my throat, feeling it burn. I look over at Louis, who's doing the same. He sees me looking and  puts his hand on my back. I kiss his forehead and he pulls himself into my chest. 

-

Bouncing on my heels, I get ready to go on stage. 

"Stay the heck away from each other," Jim pushes between me and Louis. 

"Alright, whatever," Louis retaliates. He shrugs Jim off of him and runs out onto the stage. 

I feel adreneline rushing through my body. The crowd roars, their sound ripples through me. I raise my head and wave at everyone, before turning to the boys and flashing them a massive grin. 

Part way through Little Things, I can feel Louis looking at me. When we were still in the band, my lyric changes were infamous. I used to change the words to 'I'm in love with Lou, and all his little things'. I don't think management would be partically happy if I did it now. I sing the original lyrics, but throw Louis a small smile afterwards, that goes unnoticed by the crowd. Niall and Liam flash each other a look, probably surprised I didn't swop them. I did change some of the lyrics to other songs though, singing 'I want you to rock me, rock me, f-ck me, yeah', and gaining loud screams from the audience. 

It's the end of the concert, and all of us are at the front part of the stage. Niall throws his arm around my shoulder, pulling me into the huddle that we would share after every show. I break free after, and turn to Louis. I hold my arms out, and he falls into them, wrapping his arms around my neck. 

Lizzie's voice pierces through the sound of the crowd. "Harry! Louis! Stop that."

Louis breaks away from me, sticking his middle finger up at management and his tongue out. He runs backstage, his actions disguised by the fact that the show's ending anyway. I follow him.

"Louis? Lou? It's just Harry. Where are you?" I call down the corridor backstage.

I hear sniffles from inside the bathroom.

"Louis?"

The lock on the cubicle slides across and I push the door open. 

"Can I not even hug you now?" He's shouting, anger building in his eyes. 

"Lou I - " He's sat on the closed toilet lid. I crouch down beside him, taking him by the shoulders. "Listen to me. I love you. I'm in love with you. I've loved you since I was sixteen years old. I will do anything to be with you. There's one tour, and then One Direction is over. We can be together properly, move in together, whatever you want. I know it's not fair, but it's only seven months." I see his face soften.

The man in front of me bursts into tears. "Haz I -" He stammers. "I love you too. It's just difficult, and I never stopped thinking about you. To have you back with me is amazing, I need you in my life, Haz."

He stands up and I follow, pulling him into my chest. I run my hands through his hair, planting kisses onto his head. He looks at me, making eye contact that he can't break. He smiles through his tears, tipping his chin forward and brushing his lips against me. 

"We'll be okay, love," I whisper. 

*****

There you go! What do you think will happen next?
Please vote, comment and share if you enjoyed, it means the world to me :)

Have a good day! Kat. x