Grave Keeper: Chapter 8

I honestly don't like this chapter, but it's just set up, so yeah. Uh. It's one of two I'm planning on posting today.

————————

"An internship?" Chiron asked as he sat outside. The sun was bright and nice and instead of being cramped in the staff room, the Centaur had bid his coworkers their best and took his papers outside to look over. Astolfo was currently flopped over his flank while Gray sat in front of him, Add next to her and a book in her lap.

"Mm," Astolfo nodded, patting his side, "I have a few ideas where I want to look, but also, I wanted to see if I could just skip the application and work with you, or something."

"I'm afraid I'm going to be off working on something with the police in that time," He admitted, "Gran Torino found something and he wants help with it." Astolfo sighed but nodded again. "That's fair... What about you, Gray? Any ideas?"

Gray blinked, looking up from her book. "Originally, I had been thinking about Gang Orca or ask Aizawa-sensei about other Underground Heroes he might know, but..." she trailed off, looking up at the sky. "Apparently, Toshinori wants me to go with Midoriya," she said after a moment and Chiron nodded.

"So, Sir Nighteye, then..." he mused, "I recall that he had talked to Midoriya and Mirio about it. I didn't realize he wanted you to join them."

Gray nodded. "This weekend," she confirmed, "Mirio was heading out then, so I'm going to be going with them to meet Sir Nighteye."

"Good luck then," Astolfo said, pulling his phone out, fiddling with it. "I wonder if Musashi can get me in contact with Red Beryl? She's with Kamihara still, and Hakama and Kamihara are good friends, so maybe she knows? I could contact Hakama directly though..." The Rider hummed again, shrugging as he yawned. "Oh well, I'll figure it out."

"Good luck then..." Gray hummed, smiling and tilting her head. At the lack of response, Chiron blinked and glanced back. He shook his head, chuckling softly as well at the sight, carefully reaching over and taking Astolfo's phone from his hands, setting it next to him.

"He falls asleep quite fast," he mused and Gray giggled softly.

(x)

One early morning getting dragged out of the dorm by Midoriya and a stiff, hour-long train ride later found Gray standing outside of a large building with Midoriya and Mirio. Her green-haired classmate was still as stiff as a board as he gazed up at the building.

"Hey now," Mirio told him as Gray tugged her hood down. "Don't be too formal! It won't get you anywhere!"

The blonde turned towards them, hands in his pockets as he spoke. "I failed to mention it before, but Sir is quite strict."

Midoriya nodded. "I'm aware," he said before launching into a speech about the man. Gray wasn't exactly sure what else she expected from him, though. From what she knew, Sir Nighteye was able to see the future. Chiron had commented that her own Eyes of Sybil (as they had ended up dubbing it) would either impress him or make him more standoffish towards her.

The man was already apprehensive to one more intern, apparently. If she was to do this the legal way in order to comply with her Master's wishes, she would have to convince the Hero that two interns would world for him. If not... she would have to forfeit the hero industry entirely and act solely as a Servant in order to work with Midoriya— which wasn't a bad thing, but she quite liked the "school life" she was allowed to have at the moment. Legal conditions were quite... bothersome at times.

She blinked, pulling out of her thoughts as she saw Mirio start to walk. She adjusted her hood before she followed him into the building, Midoriya not too far behind them.