Grave Keeper: Chapter 9

Here's chapter two for today.

————————

Gray trailed after Mirio and Bubble Girl as they threw the door open.

"Sorry for interrupting!" Mirio said, holding his arms out, Bubble Girl mirroring him.

"Are you finished? We heard quite the commotion!" she added.

Nighteye seemed to be thinking about something while Midoriya knelt on the ground with a bloody nose. Footprints decorated the walls, though every bit of All Might merchandise remained unmarked.

"He's employed Mirio," the Pro Hero said with a bored tone.

"Whoa! You did it, awesome!" Mirio cheered and Midoriya jerked his head up.

"HUUH?!" he cried, "But I totally failed to do anything!"

"Hm." Nighteye just gave him a glance before he looked back to Mirio. "Got get him cleaned up, Mirio, then bring him back when Velvet and I are done."

"Yessir!" the blonde said, pulling Midoriya out of the room. Bubble Girl followed them with a bounce in her step, closing the door behind them.

Gray gazed at Nighteye's back as he straightened the bookshelf, hearing the door click shut. Silence fell between the two of them before Nighteye spoke up.

"I have a question for you, Miss Velvet," he said and he glanced over his shoulder. She blinked but nodded slowly for him to continue.

"Why did All Might contact me for the first time in years asking personally for me to take you in? Unlike Midoriya, you have no other ties to him aside from being a student at U.A. and assisting in the All for One fight, though honestly, I can't say that I'm overly impressed about that."

Gray grimaced, realizing what he was talking about before she sighed, shrugging one shoulder.

"Most likely, Toshinori wants me to watch over Midoriya," she said simply and the man stiffened.

"You dare use his given name—"

"I'm allowed to use my Master's given name if he so asks for me to do so," she cut in, startling the lanky man. His eyes narrowed.

"'Master'?" he Questioned before she sighed, rubbing her eyes again.

"Sorry, I forgot that, besides a select few, only the top Ten Heroes are privy to that information," she said, "I suppose it doesn't matter now, though. I'm sure you at least know about the Mage's Association?" At his nod, she continued.

"Once after so many years— the number varies, but it hasn't been more than sixty years— an event happens that is known as the Holy Grail War. It's an honor to be chosen as one of the Seven Masters to partake in the war. Everyone has something that they want out of the Grail War, and when the Grail is claimed, that wish can be granted— Prestige, money, strength, the salvation of humanity. Each of the Seven Masters will use catalysts to summon Servants, each with one of Seven Classes in the case of a normal War. Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Caster, Assassin, and Berserker. One ended right before summer, but there are remnants that remain from that one. An extra, eighth Servant was summoned in the Assassin Class... ordered to help two others leftover from a time before Quirks with protecting humanity from a certain evil that was going to arise."

"All for One," Nighteye said, eyes widening. "Then..."

She nodded. "Yes. I was the eighth Servant. True Name Gray, Class Assassin. I'm not supposed to be here. After the fight with All for One, I would have been able to stay in the world of the living for about a day more, but I released Rhongomyniad at full power, using up my mana stores. Toshinori forged a contract with me, and so I'm here. As his Servant, it is my duty to look after his successor."