Grave Keeper: Chapter 17

Apologies for the delay. Life's been a bit all over the place since I'm in the process of moving.

————————

There was an issue with what to do with Chisaki Kai.

Originally, the police simply wanted to take him to Tartarus, but oddly enough, both Gray and Circe were adamantly against it.

Circe argued that he was better off in an isolated area. Gray agreed, insisting that the transport to Tartarus would only end in a disaster. Chisaki had pissed off the League of Villains and if they were still out and about... well, things would only end up getting worse. Most likely, there was more to it than the two were saying.

Mirai was exhausted, but watching two people who looked like young girls tear into the police was more than amusing for him as he waited for the results on his arm. Depending on the results, the Hero was contemplating retirement from the field. Doctor Hagiwara hadn't told him if amputation was necessary or not, but either way, the silver-haired doctor suspected that fine-motor skills would take a while to recover— if the damage wasn't too extensive, that is.

Even if he was the famed "God of Surgery", there was only so much he could do— his Quirk was Surgery, a combination of Steady Hands and Eagle Eyesight was what Dr. Hagiwara had said when Midoriya asked, not one that was Healing or reversing injury.

As another shouting match between the two Servants and the Police started, Mirai's attention was drowsily pulled from his thoughts as the door to the room opened slowly.

"Is this a bad time?"

All Might peered in with his brows furrowed and Eraserhead lurking behind him. Midoriya was hovering even farther back, Eri in his arms with a Quirk Suppressing bracelet on. Mirio looked over from his bed, where he had been watching the argument as well, his expression lighting up at the sight of Eri.

Mirai waved his good hand in dismissal.

"No, the Police are just giving Circe and Gray a hard time about something," he said, trying to keep the slurring out of his words. He really was exhausted still and the pain medication and sedatives pumping through his body didn't help.

The large hospital room was getting quite full, he noted as everyone filed in. All Might pulled a chair up next to his bed with a hum.

There was still tension between himself and All Might, and he was unsure if that would ever clear fully, but he was glad that they were on better terms now. Gray certainly helped with that— with being Mirai's inturn and All Might's Servant. Mirai stole a glance at the man's hand, eyes glancing over the red tattoos on it. One of the three had faded into marks of irritated skin— Not quite a scar, but close enough. With a few years, it would fade.

Circe had told him that it was the Command Seal's power that had been able to fully save Gray. The regeneration potion that she had given her would have been able to heal most of the internal damage, but that of course would have left it... open.

Which was gruesome to think about.

"Are they... seriously arguing about not taking Chisaki to Tartarus?" Midoriya asked as he sat down pulling him from his thoughts. Mirai nodded as he leaned back against the pillows on his bed.

"Gray pulled herself from exhaustion just to argue, so I have a feeling that she knows what she's doing..." he told them, "Circe mentioned her Island, but I'm not sure what that's about. At least they've held off on transporting him right away." he grunted as he shifted, doing his best not to tug the IV in his arm.

"All of the other Shie Hassaikai members are currently being held in one room that she created using... Territory Creation, I think..." He added, glancing over as Circe smacked one of the officers. "Two of the Eight Bullets are missing, all they found were two of Circe's pigs and some bloodstains. The remaining are also pigs, as far as I remember, but I could have misheard."