PART SIX

I saw pink hair...i ran after the source.

It was fast, or they were fast. It seems like a person, and someone way too familiar. I needed to know who though.

I finally caught up to them, and I knew right then and there who it was.

"M-mom?" I said in a shaky voice. She turned around, shocked.

"Steven? Wh- why are you here?!" She said, taking my hand.

"I-i don't know- I lost my arm and then I was here, what is this place?!" I asked, still freaking out.

"Steven...this is the gem, you poofed..." She held my hand tight. I looked at her.

I poofed? B-but how?!

"Steven...we have to get you home." She said. We walked around for a bit. It was so weird to see her...as...her.

Like...not in her room or in that painting.

Like this is her.

"Mom...how do I get out of here?" I asked.

It felt different say mom...it was messing with my head.

"I'm not sure, but there has to be a reason you poofed, and I think it may have to do with your arm," she said.

I looked at it, it was still only partly developed, which the fact I was basically growing a new arm was confusing.

"Steven, try to think about home." She said.

I closed my eyes and thought about the beach house, the van, and the gems.

I thought about dad, and lion. I thought of Connie and how worried they probably were

I felt myself started to get lost in my thoughts, and I felt that I could be found home, till the voice stopped me.

"Upgrade still in progress" and I came back to the area.

"Huh...I guess we have to wait for your arm to be done, " My mom said. We sat down in the clouds. I guess I'm going to have to be patient.

THIRD PERSON POV

It had been another month till Stevens gen moved again, however, it was only a false alarm. Amethyst was slowly giving up hope of seeing Steven regenerate. Pearl was still stressed out, and wondered what was going to happen. Connie stopped coming by when she realized there wasn't a point in going to see a dead gem.

Everyone was slowly giving up. They didn't know what to do. Not even Garnet.

She saw so many different possibilities that no one was right.

She saw that he did regenerate, the saw he didn't. She saw that only the pink Steven came back, she saw that Rose regenerated. She saw Pink Diamond. It was too much for her to know which one.

(TIME SKIP)

About three months passed. It was a sad, and depressing three months. The school closed till further notice, gems couldn't be healed anymore. The house seemed like it didn't move, everything was kept how it was when Steven had poofed. Garnet and Amethyst were sitting on the couch, looked at the gem on the cushion.

It glowed, bright. It seemed to get brighter, and brighter with every second. It got to the point that it was blinding, and then a loud boom sent things flying. Things flew off the table, off counters and pictures off the wall.

The white light dimmed, showing off a human figure.

It shaped through thousands of years of different forms. Pink Diamond, Rose, baby Steven, Steven, and then, present Steven. He floated to the floor and stood there in the light.

Garnet could barely see, but could see his figure.

There was one more boom until the light disappeared and there was only Steven.

Greg ran in after seeing the light from the beach. Garnet ran up to the boy and hugged him.

"Steven! I can't believe it!" Amethyst tackled the boy.

He didn't move. He simply looked at them.

"Steven?" Garnet asked, seeing him not react to anyone.

"STEVEN!" Greg ran up to him, crying. He didn't react.

That's when Garnet realized, this was only step one of his regeneration.