The giving tree.

CHANYEOL's POV

More than a week passed away after that incident and I did not get to thank her properly. The whole college knows that she was a self-proclaimed loner. I found this on a website that was run by the juniors of our college who were in Graduation courses. On that website, they made an appreciation page to thanks or applaud for their beloved seniors. Profile of all of the K-pop idols who are in the PG AND UG course can be found there and yes I was on the webpage too.

That morning I found her profile on that website with the name Black Widow. That was funny that joke had not died down. In the comments, it read-

"They don't know her name, they are asking around but I too saw her that senior is super cool."

"Exactly! She looks cute which draws a lot of attention towards her but she is so savage when she speaks."

"Many girls appreciate this senior a lot. She is cold and aloof but few students have witnessed her cool side."

"I wish I have a BFF as cool as her. Obviously I am amongst those who saw her in her kick-ass Avatar. "

I read those comments and I knew it that she did have a kick-ass, cool, and aloof side. But her overall vibe was very attractive and she felt like a very good person. Though I din't know why she preferred being alone. She was quite cute, that was why she attracted a lot of attention.

I was still in a fix as to how I could thank her. I sat down and started recalling whatever I had noticed about her. One thing I noticed was she went to Cafeteria almost every day and that too at a fixed time. Also, she loved to eat. She looked quite happy when she ate. That was the only time she looked approachable.

Then an idea popped up in my mind. I went to the cafeteria and met with the in-charge. She was a very kind lady. I told her, "There is someone I want to thank. She did something for me but I can't approach her for some reason and tell her. She will not like it. I want to treat her from my side but she shouldn't know about it. Is this possible??"

She smiled and said - "you are just in time. We were going to do a little small lucky draw event. We will offer the meal to those who will win. Obviously there is are different kinds of rewards. So I can offer her your meal of gratefulness and you can pay for that."

I smiled and said - "Thank you for this. But there is a little problem I don't know her name yet. Although she comes around this time. I will make the payment in the meantime and when she comes I will secretly let you know. Then can you handle it?"

She said- "Yes, sure. So should I charge you for a meal then?? I will note down your college ID and call you later to let you know about the bill "

I replied -" Yes! She may order whatever she likes and I will come and pay later. Just don't tell her ." But I paused for some time and said " I would like to change a thing. Not a single meal but for a whole month, whatever she eats, bill it on me."

The lady was shocked for a little while and then said-"You are very kind. I will definitely help you."

I gave her my College ID no. and contact no. After getting all that done I sat in a nearby chair waiting for her to show up."

As expected 10 minutes later she walked in, ordered her, and went outside because of a call food. I took that opportunity and told the lady in-charge. She nodded and gave the same polite smile.

The next day I received a call from her and she told me that everything was taken care of and I just need to pay a little advance. Then she asked me if I wanted to know her name. I told her maybe I will get to know it by myself. I thanked her again.

I was very happy that finally, I can let my gratefulness get to her, and yes, food is the best way to do that. My heart finally found some peace.

......
.......
.......
.......
( Author wishes to know - Part 1

Do you also think that Food is the best way to convey your gratitude? Or the best reward one could get from friends or family in lieu of the help offered ?

I personally can be won over by this kind of reward.... 😂

Talking about food at 4 a.m. in the morning is making me hungry.
I don't know why I am writing this?...Maybe i will regret it after waking up. Until then you can make fun of me. 😂😁)