LET'S PLAY!!!

PARK CHAEYEON's POV

After I moved to Seoul. My father and mother would sometimes visit me, obviously separately. My father liked to travel so he would sometimes send me on trips. That time he bought tickets to Japan and he even booked for accommodation.
Though he never had the time to go on a trip with me, it was fine. He had his new family to care of.

It was a good time to relax as I was also thinking about traveling somewhere. Japan had always been one of my favorite places to go to. I could speak basic Japanese and fluent English back then. I had a very good friend in Japan. So I thought about catching up with her too.

It was three days and two nights trip. On the first day I met up with my friend Lee Na Eun and we were together the whole day. At night I just went to my hotel and slept my tiredness off.

The next day I went on a solo exploration. I had dumplings for breakfast, I really liked them. Then I roamed around for a while. That was when I spotted a gaming arcade.

I love playing at arcades so without any delay I entered it. There was this fighting game that I enjoyed a lot. I paid for it and reserved the system for an hour. This game was either played online or with the person sitting across whose system was connected with your own system.

A person was already sitting across me, and he was playing online. Our systems were connected, but there was a wall in between, so I couldn't see his face. And since he was already playing, that is why I didn't bother him.

As I was playing, I said - "yes that is the way" in Korean. My voice was not too high but not too low it could be easily heard.

Just after a minute, the person who was sitting across my system asked In Korean- "Hello! would you like to have a match with me???"

I was also bored playing online. So I asked myself why not give it a try??

So I replied In affirmative. We connected our systems and the first thing I noticed was that our username was the same - PCY.

PCY x PCY was written on the screen. Without even knowing it I blurted out -"Oh! we have the same username."

He paused and said - "Ah! Yes , what a coincidence???"

I couldn't see his face but one thing did attract me- His deep voice. I felt very calm and I felt like talking to him a bit and listening to him a bit more. I thought It doesn't matter if I talked with him that day. Why? Because we were strangers and we would again be strangers as soon as I would leave that arcade.

That person was also very good at playing; consequently, there were a few matches that he won and a few that I won. But the whole time was delightful.

It was the fifth match, In which I defeated him. He said - " you are quite good at this game. That's the first time I have seen a girl play it so cool. The finishing move was crazy. You just flipped me."

I replied - "I hear that often. You too are very good at it. I don't lose a single round generally."

He laughed - "So we are a good match, I guess."

Then in a bit serious tone, he asked- "Is it alright with you if we talk a bit as we play??"

I said - "yes! As we leave our systems , we will be strangers only. Don't mind it, but I am quite reserved."

He said with relief- "It is good for me too, because situations force me to be a bit reserved. There is a distance I have to maintain."

I responded with a little laugh - "Okay! Then Let's Play. Just so you know I am not going easy on you. Just watch my moves as I defeat you"

He replied instantly - "just to let you know I am very well known for being competitive, today you have found your perfect match. "

Then we both said in unison- "Here, I go!!"

We both smiled and hit the ready button.

(Author's question - Has it ever happened to you that you travelled somewhere far and met your friend from same college/place there??

It did happen to me...what about you?
Such coincidences are rare but they do happen.)