Chapter 37 - Yusuf

A month after my parents' death, I was forced to resume to work by the board members of our company. This was a difficult time for me but our company relied on me to keep things going. Actually, what happened to my parents was that they were assassinated on their way to the Deputy Governor's house. Thus, they were rushed to the hospital... only for them to die afterwards. It was so painful, and what pained me more was the fact that the culprits were still yet to be identified. Some said they were hired by the Bulama Cooperation while some said the Yargote Group were the ones responsible. Well, all these were just rumors.

Yeah, rumors! Since there were no proofs and I couldn't just start pointing finger at all our rivals and start accusing them of what happened. Moreover, the police had assured me that the culprits shall soon be brought to book. It was just a matter of time, and whoever was found guilty would have to face the law. There would be no room for pardoning, the person would pay direly...

"Sir, you have a visitor" My secretary apprised through the intercom. I already knew who the visitor was, so I told him to let her in. Verily, it was Fatimah. She had asked me what I wanted to eat for lunch earlier this day and I told her pounded yam and egusi soup. It had actually been long since I ate it, perhaps half a year ago. And it was even in a restaurant, not in our house. My parents weren't fans of such dish, same as Jasraa who mostly prefer arab dishes. Egypt had totally changed her, and one funny thing was her Arabic was poor despite the years she spent in the country. She must have pinned herself to English speakers only.

"AsSalama Alaykum" Fatimah uttered as she walked into my office with a grocery basket. She wore hijab and was beautiful as always. 

"Wa'alaykumus Salam" I said smiling a lil bit.

"I kept you waiting, koh?" She said, walking over to my table. "I had to full my car's tank"

"Hmm, it's alright" I huffed emptying the table so that she could serve me my delicious meal.

"I.... I wanted cooking it by myself but," She said as she brought out the food warmer in the basket together with a plate and began serving me. "I felt buying it will be the best"

"Somebody doesn't know how to cook ba?" I sarcastically uttered while smirking at her.

"Mtsww" She rolled her eyes as she poured some juice in a glass cup for me. "I can see you've already regain your strength, nice!"

"Hmm" I heaved a sigh remembering my parents again. I really missed them both.

"Hey, no need to wash your hands. I am the one to feed you ai" She said the moment I was about washing my hands in the bowl she just poured some water in. "Or should I let you?"

"No," I smiled at her. "Feed me"

"Good" She smiled back.

Hence, she gently began feeding me with her soft hand while I stare at her — imagining my life without her. I would definitely crumble if both of us are forced to separate in the future. Yeah, her family didn't really like my family.

***

"Thank you" I said cleaning my mouth as soon as she was done feeding me. "I am so grateful"

"You are welcome!" She said arranging back everything into the basket. "By the way, hope you know that our school is resuming soon?"

"Yes, in two weeks time" I said smiling. Finally, I would be a Degree holder in Business Admin. Yes, after this last semester... that would be all.

"Ma Shaa Allah!" She huffed and continued. "So, how about the assassins? An kama su?"

"No, the police are still investigating" I said.

"And your sister?" She asked.

"Jasraa is so touched, I had to summon her fiance from Egypt to come and coddle her. Also, our relatives are around too..." I said.

"Ma Shaa Allah" She huffed.

Hence, we continued conversing until it was time for her to go home. So I escorted to her car in the parking lot and bade her goodbye. Happiness is having someone that sincerely loves you, someone willing to be with you...

***

"That girl is beautiful!" My secretary said as he escorted me back to my office with some papers. "Can't believe she brought you food"

"She even fed me" I proudly uttered.

"Fed what?" He dropped his jaw.

"Fed me!" I recapitulated.

"Hmm, seriously I am officially jealous!" He said dropping the papers he was holding on my table. "She really has everything, Yusuf"

"Mind your tongue!" I glared at him.

"Sorry sir" He saluted in the air.

"Apology accepted" I said signing the papers. "But if you try it again, pepper is your name"

"Okey sir!" He said.

"Good" I gulped.

And after signing the papers, he picked them and left with a crooked smile on his face. He could literally joke for Africa, crazy ass Amir! And by the way, he was still single. He said if only he could get the perfect girl for himself, not knowing there was nothing like perfect boy or girl in this life but someone to create a perfect world with. Someone to feel safe with.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• 

Hmmm...

AsSalama Alaykum everyone, how have you been and how is the fasting? Ma Shaa Allah. I just hope you've already started doing one or two extra good deeds this blissful month? If you haven't, please start. May Allah bless you all, Ameeeeen. See you soon, In Shaa Allah.