Chapter 60 - Farzana

My life as the daughter of a famous tycoon in Nigeria wasn't as perfect as people thought it was. Of course I was taken cared of, but what is the point? The fact that I was born outside wedlock! It pains me to read histories on the internet about my father and his bad habit of sleeping with women. The most painful of all was how my mother refused to stay in all her marriages hoping my father would someday marry her. She had been married off twice in the past ten years but all she did was create mess that will get her divorced untimeously!

She really loved my father, but he didn't love her in return though he used to spend on her like something was between them. Well I was the one in between them and I was the reason he opened her all the three grocery stores she owned in Jigawa. She used to make so much money and used to spend on me and herself. And every month, my father would send her money for my health, school fees, and so on. I was a sickler, yes... a warrior but you could hardly know because I was well taken cared of by my parents. They loved me ultimately.

I had been living in Jigawa for ten years now with my mother, the only times I'd left it was during eid celebrations or if my stepmother, Fatimah Bulama gives birth. That's when my mother would send me to my father's house which of course was in Minna. I would stay there for sometime before returning back to my mother. Thanks to that tradition, I was now familiar with everyone in my father's family. Including my two cute step siblings, Abba and Raliyah (Ummie). I loved them. If you see us together, you would never know we were step siblings due to our similarity...

Buzzz!

Buzzz!!

Buzzz!!!

My phone vibrated, it was a call from... my mother. Actually, I was on my way to Minna. Zulu College had offered me admission into their school to study medicine, hence my mother insisted I must pack to my father's house and stay since the school was also in Minna. She said I should only return during semester breaks. She wanted me to be very close to my father, more than close to her.

"Hello" She said as soon as I picked the call.

"Hi, mum" I uttered in an exhausting tone.

"Haven't you reached Minna?" She queried.

"Yes, but mun kusa In Shaa Allah" I replied.

"Okay, did your dad called you?" She asked.

"Yes, severally. And also scolded me!" I said.

My words made her to scoff... "Actually, he'd scolded me too! For letting you embark into the journey by road. He's so angry" She said.

"Hmm..." I huffed and remained silent.

"When would you be reaching Minna?" She said and then continued. "Zaku kai asuba?"

"Eh, considering the fact it's 11pm already. Hanya ne ba kyau wallahi mummy" I said.

"I know, my baby, I know..." She huffed and continued. "May Allah be with you, Ameen"

"Ameen. Goodnight, mum" I said.

"Goodnight, Farzana. I love you!" She said.

"I love you too, mum" I terminated the call.

...

The journey to Minna was exhausting, and just as we arrived at the garage I called my father. It seemed he wasn't deeply asleep as I thought he was. He picked my call after just few rings and told me to wait for him there. I patiently waited for him in the garage and hopefully, he came few minutes later with a broad smile on his face and before I knew it, he gave me a tight hug. It seemed he missed me a lot. "Don't you ever journey this far by road, I forbid you from now on!" He said as soon as we averted. Thus, I nodded my head.