Chapter 40 - Fatimah

...

"Congratulations, dear!" Qudrah said just as I told her I was done with my NYSC program. It had been two years since we graduated from school but she had spilled over so she wasn't able to register for her Youth Service with us.

"Thank you" I huffed through the phone.

"Hey, is everything okey?" She said sounding concerned. "Don't tell me you're still sad with what happened to me, after all I had already reseated for the courses – remaining prayer"

"In Shaa Allah you will pass them all" I said.

"Ameen o!" She said and continued. "So now, are you gonna work in your dad's company?"

"I am still thinking" I said while smiling.

"Well, you have all the time you need on this earth to keep on thinking but I just pray you make the right decision. After all, your dad's company is yours too. Working in there will pave your way to the CEO level" She uttered.

"Well, thanks for the advice!" I said.

"You are welcome, dear" She said and then bade me goodnight before ending the call.

Ya Rahman... I yawned covering myself with blanket. It was already 10:26pm as said my phone and I ought to sleep. Hence, I prayed. And just as I began battling with slumber, I heard a vigorous knock by my door. No one would do that except my mother, thus I did not bother asking whom it was. "Ohh Mum, you've ruined my sleep!" I complained and thence withdrew from the bed to the door.

"Sorry to disturb you" She said the moment I opened the door. "Munir's wife is in labour, and both me and your dad are going there..."

"Where?" I bewilderedly cut in.

"M.I.D Specialist, are you also going there?" She wrinkled a brow. Well, I nodded at her. I really should be there, just like in the first labour. I loved taking babies before anyone.

"Lemme change" I said.

"Toh hurry up, zamu jira ki a mota" She said.

"Okey, mum" I nodded.

"Good" She said and left.

Thus, after changing into a skirt and blouse, I wore hijab and then grabbed my phone from unto my bedside drawer. Can't believe I was going to miss my sleep. Anyways, I would be saying a big HI to my new niece or nephew. I preferred a girl though, after all the first one was a boy. So handsome like our grandfather.

After getting myself prepared, I went out of the mansion to my father's new generation Benz that was already waiting for me in the compound. Both my parents sat in the back, hence I sat in the front with our driver. One thing that always used to impress me about my parents was how they used to hold one another and talk to each other like a newly wedded couple. They don't get tired at all. I mean, unlike couples of nowadays. PDMM!

Be romantic please, dear married couples...

Immediately we arrived at the hospital, we were ushered straight to where Munir was, winch was the waiting room. "Munir, kai ne nan? What is happening?" My father asked. Actually, we were all surprised because we met Munir weeping. "Kai, what's going on?"