Blanket Fort

"jeongukkie, i'm going to work now, please try and keep the house tidy!" jimin called out as he made sure he had everything in his backpack. he heard a tired 'okay' come from their shared bedroom and he took it as his cue t leave.

he got into his and jeongguk's car and groaned when the engine rivved before silencing completely. "oh come on! seriously?!" he muttered angrily to himself before he climbed out of the silver vehicle.

the car's engine had been faulty for the past week or so but neither male thought it would be so serious. "i'm back!" he shouted as he walked through the door.

"y-you finished work already?! uh- i-i'm still cleaning!" jeongguk said as he ran down the stairs with his adorable bed head. jimin giggled and shook his head. "no jeonggukie. the engine broke down so i'm gonna have to call a cab. you think you could get it to a garage to be fixed?" the smaller said.

jeongguk sighed and nodded. "sure. hurry and call that cab or you'll be late," he told him which earned him a small groan. "don't you think i know that? aish~ taehyungie's gonna be mad," he pouted.

jeongguk handed the boy his phone and pecked his lips. "better get a move on then, sweetness," jimin scoffed to himself before calling the cab company.

"-h-half an hour?! what do you mean it could take half an hour to get a cab here?!" jimin cried out in frustration into his phone. "i'm gonna be late for work! i'm a vet and some poor puppy could be losing it's life because your drivers are so fucking lazy~ hey! no! you gotta send a cab!"

the three beeps signified the end of the call and jimin groaned loudly. "guess i'm taking the bus," he sighed and grabbed his bag once more.

"what happened?" jeongguk asked.
"not all of the drivers are there yet and all the one's that are there are already working. i got mad and suddenly i'm banned from that company," jimin explained before walking out the door.

he walked to the bus stop, not before getting drenched by a puddle that a speeding car passed over.

♡♡♡

later on that day, when jeongguk had finished the majority of his chores and was taking a small break he got a text from his dear husband.

sexy mochi 😍🥵:
jeongukkie..

me:
hey baby what's the better?

sexy mochi 😍🥵:
we lost a dog... a little puppy. he was born with a tumour and we tried to remove it but...
we couldn't... and the owner was devastated... 😭😭

'shit' jeongguk thought to himself. he knew how seriously jimin took his job and he knew how heartbroken he became whenever one of his clients didn't make it, and especially after the horrific morning he had. he knew he had to do something to cheer his baby boy up.

me:
oh baby... i'm so sorry..
but hey, at least he's in a better place now right?
he'll be okay up there and he won't be in anymore pain, let's think of this as a good thing okay? he doesn't have to grow up in a cruel and violent world

sexy mochi 😍🥵:
m... i guess you're right...
i love you jeonggukie 😘

me:
I love you more baby ❤
now have something to eat and get back to work

sexy mochi 😍🥵:
shitttttt

me:
what's wrong?

sexy mochi 😍🥵:
i left my lunch at home and i used all my other money on the bus this morning!

me:
oh baby... i'll drop off your lunch for you