Chapter 1? Yeah. so far 1...

The ledged of Fireboy and Watergirl

            “Mommy! Can I have some Curls?” I asked, kicking my black dress shoe’s against the tub, as my mom used a hot metal rod to put curls in her hair.

            “Sure Emma.” She sat down on the tub next to me, grabbing a strand of my hair, and before she could put the two together, Daddy walked in.

            “You girls ready to go?” He asked.

            “Emma wanted me to curl her hair a little bit.” Mommy answered, releasing the strand, to fix the dial on the rod.

            “Can we hurry up a little? The train will be here soon.” Dad said, fixing the tie around his neck. Before he could leave I asked;

            “Why do I have to meet King Steel?”

            “So he can make sure you’re not an element.” Mommy said.

            “What’s an element?” I asked.

            “I’ll tell you when you’re older.” Mommy said, pulling another strand to her. She began to wrap it around the metal rod, and began twisting my hair around it. As soon as my hair was touched by the rod, there was a loud sizzle. I stayed where I was, hoping that if I didn’t pull away my hair wouldn’t be burned off. “Emma, why is your hair wet?” She asked. I pulled my hand to the hair mommy had just held, seeing it was not wet, but completely dry.

            “Mommy, my hair isn’t wet.” I said. “Maybe your hand is wet!” I cried.

            “Emma, my hand isn’t wet.” I spun around, facing the women with long brown hair, now bouncing with curls, and in her flower dress. I placed my hand in hers, where she cupped her hands around mine.

            “Your right mommy, your hands aren’t wet.” I pulled my hands from her cupped, and went off to play in my room. Bumping into a tall girl, I looked up, as she looked down at me. She had on a blue hoodie, and long jeans, with black sneakers. She had long hair like mommy, brown too, but instead curled, it was pulled back into a pony tail, and a strand just out on the left side, dangling by her ear. But her hair also had blue ends, as blue as her hoodie and my dress.

            “Excuse me.” I said, pushing past her into my room. I sat down on my knees, leaning over to my doll house, with a family of two parents, 3 girls, and 2 boys. With the animals of a dog and a cat. I looked back at the girl that I had bumped into, wondering what she was doing in my house. Now, she was listening to mommy and daddy as they talked in a low voice, and when they kept looking back at me, I waved and smiled. “Hey!” I called to the girl, but all 3 of them looked over at me.

            “Yes honey?” Mommy asked.

            “I was talking to her!” I cried, pointing to the girl in the blue hoddie.

            “Emma. Nobodies there.” Mommy said.

            “She’s right there. You can’t see her?” I asked.

            Daddy whispered something to mommy, and soon she answered; “I can see her Emma. Here, daddy and I will go downstairs so you can talk to your friend alone.” She smiled, taking daddy’s hand downstairs.

            The girl came over to me, sitting on her knees next to me.

            “What’s your name?” I asked, looking at her. She took a second to answer.