𝗫𝗫𝗜𝗜𝗜. 𝗗𝗜𝗦𝗔𝗦𝗧𝗘𝗥

| n e w s |

edit: One of the victims "is" thought to be Kaycee Rice, a famous dancer and artist

| an hour ago, kaycee's room |
kylie's pov

my parents, devon, sean, bailey and i are all worried for kaycee, she shouldn't even be driving since she's just fifteen, but she has a driver student pass.

"kylie, call you sister!" my mom worriedly shouted at me, "mom it'll be more dangerous if i call her, she can't multitask! especially that she's hurt!" i tried to explain that calling her was not a good idea.

"then what else should we do?" brad, my dad, asked us. "what if we just meet her at the airport?" my brother, devon, suggested. "good idea, let's go?" i shook my head, and head my way to the door.

all of us were about to get into the car, when suddenly, ding— my phone received a message.

"read it kylie, it might be kaycee." bailey told me, and so i grabbed my phone, typed in my password, and read the messaged.

shit— kaycee!

they must've seen my scared and shocked reaction, that's why they became all worried, "what happened?" sean asked, with his raspy voice.

"i—it's kaycee..." i tried not to mumble, but it was hard, "kylie! spit it out!" my mom shouted at me, from the front seat.

"k—kaycee got involved in a car crash..." my eyes started to tear up, and i let go of my phone, "wh—what?!" everyone simultaneously reacted, they were in shock as well.

"what hospital did they put her?!" my dad tried his hardest to not cry, and turned on the engine of the car. "it's... s—saint peter's medical center." i answered, and my dad quickly back up the car and started driving his way to the hospital.

| present, on the airplane |
dixie's pov

i was scrolling through my phone when suddenly, someone messaged me— it was kylie. it said, "dixie, please don't tell charli, i beg you. it's about kaycee." when i read it, my first initial thought was to wake charli up, and give her my phone, but that all changed when she texted me another message.

"she got into a car accident." i immediately remove my hand from charli's shoulder, and pretend i wasn't trying to wake her up. good thing she didn't wake up, or else it would've been a disaster.

i quickly opened kylie's text message and started replying.

| i m e s s a g e |

KYLIE BEAR 🐻

KYLIE BEAR 🐻
dixie, please don't tell charli, i beg you.
it's about kaycee.

KYLIE BEAR 🐻
she got into a car accident.

Dix
if you didn't send that second message,
i really would've given my phone to
charli, i swear.

KYLIE BEAR 🐻
well thank god i did, i know you.

Dix
but seriously, what the hell happened?

KYLIE BEAR 🐻
kaycee drove off by herself in hopes
of catching up to charli, she was
definitely hurt, and was crying while
driving. the police said, the crash was
very severe. we're currently at the hospital
waiting for the doctor to get out of the er.

Dix
omg.
don't worry kylie, i'll pray for her.
this is crazy, it's so unexpected 😞

KYLIE BEAR 🐻
exactly.
thank you dix for understanding.
but one more thing.

Dix
what is it?

KYLIE BEAR 🐻
can you please not tell charli?

Dix
if she knows kaycee was hurt because she left her,
charli can never forgive herself, i know my sister.

KYLIE BEAR 🐻
thanks dix 🧡

Dix
always welcome bub 🧡

| AUTHOR'S NOTE |
yup...... i'm sorry, okay? 🥺
sheesh, you guys are the best, thank you for getting this story to 4k+ reads, i'm so amazed and grateful by the support. the breaking news part had an edit, as you can see and i made that myself, so i have no one else to blame but me. i really have nothing else to say, so that's about it for this chapter, what do you think will happen next?
thank y'all for the love, spread kindness and positivity, and see ya on the next chapter 💛