Blame me

Zacky's POV

I grab Mary's suite case from my trunk but she took it from my hands, "I can handle this" She said coldly before turning to take care of Lila. My blood was boiling in anger but how could I blame her? I broke her heart in one of the most terrible way! But I just hated that every time I'm being nice she just crunch me down again, like if my own mind wasn't enough. 

I got to my house door and open it, "I got two spare room upstairs, one beside the other. Welcome home!" I said looking at Mary who gave me a half smile, I then look at Lila and the way she looked at me with her little pink suitcase in hand, she was happy but really tired too. She reminded me of me when I was her age. "Go sleep little, I got a comfortable bed for you" I said bending down to Lila's level. A bright smile appeared on her little face and she ran upstairs. 

I pull myself back up and look at Mary, she seemed lost and her eye was still a deep blue. "Come Mary, your eye is getting worst" I told her as I walk into the kitchen, she follows me. I grab a pack of ice and roll it into a towel, I got closer to her to put it on her eye but she grab it from my hand. I sigh and look down to my feet, "I'm only trying to help you Mary" I said. "Yeah, like you did before and see how it turned out" She said referring to when I helped her getting away from her abusive parents.Her words were accusing me again, like if it was my fault of everything bad that happened to her. I look back at her and I frown my eyebrows, "Like if it was my fault that you have a bad boyfriend and a shitty job! Like if it was my fault that there's poor people! Death is maybe happening because of me? Stop putting everything on me Mary! I know I did things fucking wrong but you have to assume the choices that you made after that!" I yell at her, damn I had enough. She look at me all stiff, damn it Zacky! "Mary please, I'm blaming myself everyday for what happen two years ago. I'm sorry for yelling at you, it just that I'm only trying to help" I told her with sorry eyes. She put a delicate hand on my shoulder and look at me with the only eye that she could open, "I know, I'm sorry Zach. I'll go to bed too, today as been a long day. Thank you so much" She said sending me this time a real smile before she turned to go upstairs. God I missed that smile. 

Mary's POV

What Zacky said was true, I didn't had the right to treat him like this and blame him for things that he didn't do. It just that I missed him so much and still, I hated him for what he did and I'm sure that I'll fall in love for him again if I stay here. Zacky seemed really sorry thought! But he'll have to prove it if he wants me again. 

I walk up the stairs to go to bed like I said. I look into the two guest rooms and saw that they were empty, I started to panic but when I looked into Zacky's room. I saw Lila's little body in the big comfortable bed. I enter silently in the room, seeing that she was asleep under the covers, holding her purple turtle plush in her tinny arms. I smile at the cute sight, she had Zacky's dark hair with his brilliant eyes. I sigh and took her in my arms to bring her in the right bed, "It smells good" She whisper when I grab her from the bed. I smile at the thought, remembering the charming scent of Zacky. I'm sure that she'll get along with Zacky but I'm still scared that Zacky reject her if I told him it's his daughter. I guess that one day the right occasion will come along.