No One Can Hurt You Now....

Percy

I panted as I ran towards my apartment, cursing under my breath,' Dammit I can't believe I'm late. I spent too much time at the beach. Oh gods, I hope he is sleeping..'

I hesitantly opened the apartment door, tiptoed inside and gently closed the door. Looking around warily I sighed in relief when I didn't see him.

I was about to step forward when a meaty hand gripped my shoulder. My heart went cold. A low, disgusting voice spoke out," Thought you got away from me, didn't you?"

He grabbed my shirt and threw me against the wall. My head banged against it. " Why are you late, brain boy? Didn't I tell you to come home exactly at 7?" My ears were ringing and I was still dazed because of the impact. He punched me in the face, hard enough to whip my head to the other side.

" ANSWER ME WHEN I TALK TO YOU!!" He roared. He kicked and punched me up some more while I made stiffled grunts and screams of pain everytime he hit me, then waddling to the kitchen, he got some more beer. I took that opportunity to run to my room with my bag and lock the door.

I walked slowly to the washroom and looked at myself in the mirror. A boy with dull, broken, frightened eyes stared back at me. A bruise was already forming on my jaw and I had a black eye. I washed my face and undressed myself. My entire body hurt and was peppered with bruises.

I sighed and lay down on my bed. I thought of the days my mom was still alive. She would come, hug me and tell me it would become better. She used to take my head into her lap and sing me my favourite song. I smiled sadly as I slowly sang my favourite verses as silently as possible....

Just Close Your Eyes,
The Sun is going down.
You'll be alright,
No one can hurt you now.
Come morning light,
You and I will be safe and sound....
[Taylor Swift- Safe and Sound]
I fell asleep as a lone tear slipped down my face, remembering my mom's beautiful face smiling at me.

********Time Skip*********

Beep! Beep!

Ugh, is it morning already? I don't wanna wake up.

Beep! Beep!

I rolled out of my bed, wincing everytime I touched my bruises. I shut the alarm, went to the washroom, showered and brushed my teeth. My hair looked ok for once after I brushed it. I walked towards my wardrobe and chose a grey shirt with a black hoodie and blue jeans. I wanted to blend in as much as possible, not that it matters much because I get bullied anyway.

I walked over to the front door with my head down, hoping and praying that the great walrus of a man was still asleep. I was lucky and he was still sleeping. I closed the door and began the long walk to my high school.

It was January now and Manhatten true to its word, was COLD!! My school was about two miles away so I had to wake up about half an hour earlier as it takes me half an hour to get there. I stopped taking the bus about three years ago since my mom died. I don't know but after my mom died the abuse became so bad that I developed a fear of loud shouts and other's touch.

My fear of loud shouts has gone down obviously, as I do go to a high school where everyone feels like they need to shout to be heard. But I still don't take the bus, even when the weather is absolutely awful. I finally reached my school.

Goode High School, can be heaven or hell depending on what kind of person you are. There are five groups, the jocks or as I and most people call them, the jerks; the popular bitchy girls, some normal fun groups, the nerds and the last few stragglers who are the loners. As you can probably guess, I was in the loner group.

I sighed as I walked towards my locker thinking of the last few happy memories I had. Those were the only things keeping me going. I shook my head, boy was I depressed today. I took the books I need and turned to walk to my first class when I bumped into the school bully, Luke. I fell back towars my locker.

He and his lackeys laughed as I fell down. Luke bent down and mockingly said," Didn't your mom ever tell you to watch where going, Jackson? Ohhhhhh wait, you don't have a mom." I grit my teeth and said," Leave me alone, Luke" He raised his eyebrows and said," So he speaks. Didn't know you can talk. Especially that you could talk back to your betters." I push him off me and stand up.

I turned to walk away when he pulled me back by the hood of my hoodie and slammed me against the lockers. He leaned in and whispered," After school, you are dead Jackson." He drops me and I fall down again.

The crowd dissolves when they realise there was no fight happening. I just get up and walk towards my classroom and sit at the back of the class as usual, hoping not to be noticed but never works. After roll-call Mrs Dodds immediately called me. I reluctantly stood up. " Mr Jackson, how many times will I have to remind you that hoods aren't allowed." I just slipped my hood down and sat with a quiet sorry ma'am.

Class went on and I focused sometimes and drifted off other times. I am a straight B student with couple of Cs and Ds in the mix. The periods went on as usual. Lunch time came and as usual I sat down in my little dark table without any food. I just put my head down and listened to music.

I was doing just that when I heard the chairs being pulled back. Nico, Bianca, Thalia, Grover and Rachel sat down at my table. They were my closest friends before sophomore year. When I still used to smile everyday. I rolled my eyes and said ," Nico, I told you you'll get bullied too if you sit with me." Thalia bumped me on the shoulder and I flinched but tried to play it off. Her eyes immediately became concerned and her eyes constantly drifted towards my bruises jaw and black eye and she exchanged a look with Bianca but she didn't say anything about it and said," I think we'll risk it kelp head. Oh, and can you come to the party I am hosting tomorrow?" I nearly shudder at what Gabe's reaction would be if I went.

I am smiled apologetically and said," Sorry, family iss-" " Yeah-yeah your family issues. Fine whatever, don't tell later that we didn't try." I shrugged and waved them off. After lunch, the rest of the day sort of went in a blur. School ended all too soon and Luke came after me in the gym. None of the teachers were around so he got to beat me up bloody.

I limped home as fast as I could. But I was very late anyway. He grabbed me and threw me inside the house as soon as I stepped in. He leered at me and said," Well brain boy, you're late again and you know what that means." He was more drunk than I realised. Then I got the meaning behind his words. No, no, NO!! Anything but that. He grinned even wider after seeing my reaction.

He moved faster than I would have expected, grabbed my hand and pulled me roughly pulled me forward and all the while I was desperately thrashing and trying to escape that bastard's iron grip but I know it's a lost cause as soon he dragged me in.

My vision started to blur as tears started dripping rapidly from my face. I desperately try to pull one more time when he threatened me with something almost as bad as this. I started to hyperventilate as I felt Gabe tie my wrists to each side. He opened his mouth and said............

 I left a cliffhanger for y'all. Title from Taylor Swift's Safe and Sound. Comment down what you think is gonna happen. Hope you enjoyed it. Vote, follow and comment. Stay safe, stay home

Luv y'all
Persassy out