Part 2

There are girls that dream about their wedding day for their whole lives. Some have had them planned since they were eight years old. And some girls had a wedding fund they were saving for the big day. Quinn was not that girl.

It was hard for Quinn to imagine herself in love. It wasn't that she didn't want to be in love, it was that something like that seemed out of reach. So when it comes to weddings, Quinn was admittedly a bit uneasy.

Quinn was lucky she had Poppy to keep her head out of the clouds while they attended the ceremony. Evie was off doing her wedding duties which left the pair of them sitting with their parents in pews.

Quinn already knew her mother, Brigid would be a blubbering mess, having seen Greg grow up over the years. Quinn knew there was no way she wouldn't be embarrassed tonight but it was fine. It'd be fine.

"Just look at all these pretty dresses," Brigid whispered, patting Quinn's knee.

"I see them," Quinn murmured, sitting back, exchanging a glance with Poppy. Her mother was the most wedding crazy person she'd ever met.

"I just picture your wedding day," Brigid whispered, smiling up at her daughter. "It will be beautiful. And your husband will be handsome too."

"I sure hope so," Quinn snorted. "If I'm getting married he better be fit."

This earned glances from people around her which embarrassed her mother. Brigid pinched Quinn's thigh and gave her a glare.

Quinn laughed, crossing her arms over her chest. "Sorry, mum."

"You just better behave tonight," Brigid warmed. "You don't have to be drunk to have a good time, you know."

"Jesus," Quinn muttered. "So what. I like wine. Nothing wrong with that."

"Hush, child," Brigid shushed her, turning away from her.

It was her mother's favorite way to end a conversation she didn't want to happen. The fact that Quinn was 24 years old living in a completely separate country didn't matter. She was still a child.

"You just don't know how to act at weddings do you?" Poppy mused, eyes glinting.

"Is it that obvious?" Quinn asked with a laugh. "I am so uncomfortable."

"Just relax," Poppy laughed. "Plus you can literally stare at your man the entire time. I'm almost jealous."

Quinn glared at Poppy knowing full well that her mother was listening intently. On cue, Brigid asked, "who is your man, Quinn?"

"No one, mum," Quinn responded quietly. "Poppy is a jokester. We say that Niall's dad is my man. Just as a joke."

"Now how would that be a funny joke?" Brigid asked, astounded. "He is a real person you know."

Quinn groaned, tugging at her hair. "You're right. Sorry. We'll stop the joke now." She turned to Poppy, eyes glinting, "not funny. If you keep this up mum's gonna say we can't be friends anymore."

Poppy and Quinn both laughed, heads tipping forward. Brigid huffed and rolled her eyes. "Hush, girls. That's quite enough."

Just in time, the lights went down and Canon in D by Pachelbel began to swell. The wedding procession began down the aisle.

The wedding party was larger than Quinn had anticipated. It seemed like everyone in their town was here. Danny has a large family and Greg knows lots of people it wasn't a surprise the chapel was full.

Quinn felt herself flush when she saw Niall step out of the foyer. All of the groomsmen were wearing the same suit but in Quinn's expert opinion, he looked the absolute best. They were wearing navy blue suites that were so simple yet one of the greatest things Quinn had ever seen.