The New Girl

Anaya was woken up by her mom knocking on the door. "Anaya Tsurugi wake up before you're late for school!" She groaned as she got out of bed. Do I have to? She got took a shower and brushed her hair. She wore a pink shirt and blue jeans.

She hurried downstairs and grabbed a piece of toast. "Don't forget you have fencing practice after school." Her mother told her. She rolled her eyes. "I know. I have practice right after school then I have to come back home, do homework and practice some more."

Her mother didn't seem to be listening so Anaya just left. She walked to school and saw a few others by the entrance. She wanted to ignore them but when she walked past them, they stopped her. "Hi there. Are you new?" The boy asked. Anaya nodded. "You can tell?"

The girl next to him laughed. "Not everyone shows up with toast in their hand." Anaya looked at her food. "I had to eat and run. My mom's a little strict." She said. The boy handed her a croissant. "Here." She shook her head. "I don't wanna take anything from you." The boy laughed.

"You're not taking anything. My mom works at a bakery so I'm good." Anaya took a bite of the croissant. This is good. "I'm Hugo. This is Niya." The boy said. "Anaya." She replied, introducing herself. "Can you show me where Ms. Bustier's class is?" She asked. "Sure. We're heading there anyway." Niya said. The three of them made their way to class.

Anaya sat down next to a red head girl. "Hey there. I'm Valerie. My friends call me Val." Anaya smiled. "My name's Anaya." She said. She turned to the front of the room as the teacher came in. "Class today we have a new student. Anaya can you please come introduce yourself?"

Anaya slowly walked up to the front. "My name's Anaya Tsurugi. I am fifteen years old and I was homeschooled for as long as I can remember." She said before sitting back down. Ms. Bustier began to teach today's lesson. After three more classes, it was time for lunch.

"We're gonna head over to the bakery. You wanna come?" Niya asked Anaya. She shook her head. "No thank you. I want to get to know the school." "Suit yourself." Niya said before she and Hugo left. Anaya began to walk around. She accidentally stumbled into a room full of instruments.

"Whoops." Was all she said. She looked around and began to walk up to the piano. She began to mess around with a few keys. Then she went to grab a guitar. There was a name on it but she didn't read it. She began to strum. "I like that you're broken, broken like me maybe that makes me a fool. I like that you're lonely, lonely like me, I can be lonely with you." She sang softly.

There was a noise. Someone opened the door. "You have a great voice. I'm Kayla." A girl said, walking towards Anaya. "I know you. You're in that band. The Kwamis, right?" Kayla nodded. "Yeah I am. And we need a back up singer. Do you wanna join?" Anaya took a moment to think. "Sure I'd love to join." She said. "Great. We have rehearsal tomorrow after school."

And with that Kayla left. Great I'm in a band. Mom will either be happy or flip her lid. Soon lunch was over and Anaya ran to her class. Mrs. Mendeleiev didn't notice her when she came in. She quietly sat down and pulled out her science book.

*And that is the first chapter. The OCs were created by a few friends of mine. Hope you enjoyed it*