Band Practice

Anaya made her way to the door quietly. "Anaya where are you going?!" Her mother called out. "For some practice." She answered. "Good. Your fencing's getting bad." Kagami replied. That's not the only thing in my life that's bad. "I'll be back later tonight." She quickly left the mansion and went to the school.

Niya was waiting for her. "What took you so long?" She asked the bluenette. "My mom. Wouldn't let me leave until I finished practicing my fencing." Niya laughed. "She sounds like a handful." "Don't get me started." The two walked into the school and sat down. "Why's Hugo here?" Anaya asked. "He likes to come down. He eats his croissants here since his dad takes almost all of them."

"That sounds like an Agreste." Anaya said laughing. Kayla walked in and sat down. "First let's welcome Anaya." The others clapped for her. "You are gonna be a backup singer for us." Anaya smiled. "I'd be happy just to play an instrument. Back up singer is still a good position."

"Did you get the song we'll be practicing?." Kayla asked. Anaya nodded. "Yes I did." "Then let's get started." Hugo grabbed a mic, Niya went to the drums, and Kayla sat down to watch. Hugo handed her the mic. "Here ya go." He said before turning away. Anaya stood up.

The two began to sing when a purple haired girl walked in. "Sorry I'm late Kayla! Couldn't find my notebook." She said. "Don't worry about it cuz." Kayla replied. "Anaya this is my cousin, Josie." Anaya smiled and waved. "Nice to meet you. I'm Anaya." Josie smiled at her. "It's great to meet you."

Josie came and stood next to Anaya. Anaya felt butterflies in her stomach. What is this feeling? I can't have a crush. Can I? Kayla looked at Josie. "Do you think you could sing the solo this time?" Josie shrugged. "Let's give it a try." Music began to play and Josie was about to sing but she froze.

Worried for her bandmate, Anaya put a hand on her arm. "Don't look out there. Just look at me." She told her. Josie nodded, took a breath, and began to sing. "Cause every night I lie in bed, the brightest colors fill my head, a million dreams are keeping me awake." Anaya smiled. Her voice is beautiful. She's really talented.

After Josie sang, Kayla clapped and so did Hugo and Niya. After practice, Anaya caught up with Josie.  "It, uh, was nice to meet you." She told her. Josie smiled. "it was nice to meet you to." Anaya rubbed the back of her neck. "So, uh, my mom got me a couple of tickets to the movies. I was wondering if you wanted to come."

"Like a date?" Josie asked. "Uh-" Hugo came over and interrupted them. "Hey Anaya. Tomorrow do you want to come with me and Niya to the bakery tomorrow after school." Anaya shrugged. "sure." She looked at Josie. Josie smiled. "I'd be happy to join you. Come by the house boat after you go to the bakery tomorrow."

Anaya smiled. "So you got a thing for her?" Hugo asked. "What?! No. My and Josie are just friends. This is a get to know you kinda thing." Hugo gave her a look. "Mhmm. Sure it is." He said before waving bye to her. Anaya walked back to the mansion. Her mother and grandmother were gone. "We're just friends. Right?" She asked herself several times.

Anaya got into her pajamas. "Now to make some food." She pulled out a bunch of ingredients and ended up making spaghetti. "Delicious!" She said after taking a bite. She finished her food and went to sleep.