v.

Crazy, how new-born you can feel after something as simple as a shower.

Ivushkin rubbed his hair dry in lightning speed, leaving his hair dishevelled and sticking into every direction. Without a care of his appearance, he stepped into the hallway and stretched. Although his first impulse was to walk over to Jäger's room, he shook his head- after all, why should he?- then made his way down the stairs.

"Nikolay!" He heard Ionov call out, looking to his side to see everyone sitting by the table.

Plates were put on a pile, silverware ontop, and although Stepan said the food would be ready soon, the table wasn't set. They'd probably not use it to eat on. But something smelled-- unbelievably  good.

"Rebekka made her housemade stew!"

Although the German didn't understand, she turned her head around to smile sheepishly at Ionov. Ivushkin rose his brows as he saw this, but a faint smile appeared on his face anyways.

"Look who's finally here. What did you do under the shower?" Stepan laughed, slinging an arm around his neck and pulling him close. "You took longer than our girl!"

Indeed, Anya was already sitting by the table, hair damp and kept down. She laughed as she heard Stepan's words.

"Leave him alone Step!"

"Das Essen ist fertig," Rebekka suddenly announced, lifting the spoon with which she stirred the contents of the pot. Anya instantly translated it, standing up excitedly. The chair squeaked she pushed it back.

"Food's ready!"

"Finally," Stepan grunted and Ionov grabbed all the tableware. The other man grabbed the pot, the two ladies following the Russians upstairs. "Let's go!"

"Where are you going?" Ivushkin called after them confused, only to be met with the solution moments after. Walking behind them, he realized they were going into Volchok's room, in order to have lunch together with him.

"Hey, great idea," Ivushkin complimented as he sat down next to his friends. Volchok was sitting upright in bed, watching the pot with hungry eyes.

Stepan wiggled his shoulders. "It was Rebekka's actually. She said it would surely feel nice for him when we show him he's not alone."

Ivushkin nodded at Rebekka in approval, though she didn't catch the gesture, for she was busy laughing at the goofy way Ionov was pouring stew into the first plate.

Ionov began handing out the food and one plate after the other was filled.

"Rebekka, wow," Stepan exclaimed as he took a sip from the stew, wide eyes locked on the woman's small frame.

She averted her gaze bashfully. "Ohne Ionov's Hilfe wäre ich nicht so schnell fertig geworden."

"Without Ionov's help, I wouldn't have been able to finish it this fast- aw," Anya translated, causing the others to break into laughter. Ivushkin nudged Ionov lightly.

"You managed to warm up to her pretty quick, huh?"

"Turns out she just needed someone to listen and help her," he answered silently, face burning red, then he cleared his throat.

"Well! I wish you all a good appetite-"

"Hold up," Ivushkin interrupted, holding up another plate. Ionov looked down at it questioningly, so did everyone else.

"You forgot someone."

"Who-?" The answer hit him like a truck, eyes narrowing. "Oh. The German."