vii.

"Ivushkin?"

It took the young man a moment or two, until he slowly felt consciousness crawl back to him. Drowsily, he opened an eye. The room was bright, a few of the sun's rays filtering into the room. It was warm, comfortably so.

A familiar face was in front of his own, almost breathing into his face. Her eyes stared at him worriedly. "Are you alright Ivushkin?"

"Eh?" He groaned, beginning to stretch. He was. . sitting? Why was he sitting? It took him a moment before it struck him. His eyes snapped down to his left, where the bed stood that he had rested his head on. Jäger's bright smirk flashed his direction.

"Guten Morgen Ivushkin."
Good morning Ivushkin.

Shit, he'd fallen asleep.

Ivushkin cursed the world for a moment, then stood up in a hurry.

"Ivushkin. .?"

"I'm fine,- I'm fine Anya."

"Did you. . sleep in here?"

"Seems like I did."

She blinked a couple of times, then eyed him almost. .  hurt. Leaving the silently grinning Jäger behind, they made their way down the hallway. Ivushkin had no idea how late it was and it caused an uneasy feeling to crawl up his spine. No matter what the time was, they had to leave soon, he was sure of it.

"Why that?" Anya proceeded to ask.

Ivushkin was annoyed by her constant questioning, especially since he barely woke up a few moments ago. He was not a morning person, no. And having slept way longer than he should've, made him groggy. Though, knowing Anya was only being concerned if anything, he kept his voice as flat as he could.

He grabbed her by the shoulders, uttering, " Sorry, I just had a nightmare, couldn't sleep. When I came back from a quick breather outside, I heard Jäger wheezing and helped him with the fever that had developed. I must've fallen asleep afterwards."

A light blush burned on her cheeks. She nodded, satisfied with the answer. "I understand. You. . you have nightmares?"

"A few sometimes. Nothing bad though,- again, I'm fine. Don't worry Anya."

She dropped the topic, much to his relief.

They passed the next room and Ivushkin glanced inside, seeing a smiling Volchok greeting him. He was sitting upright, emitting a sense of health Ivushkin was only too glad to see.

"Hey buddy, how are you doing?"

"Whatever Anya did, I feel a hundred years younger. Really!"

"Well, she's our gal after all," Ivushkin huffed, slinging an arm around her small, reddening figure. "You think you can manage to walk?"

"I should. . But I'm not sure how long I can keep up. These stitches itch!"

Ivushkin hummed, then Anya stammered, "Your stitches should be alright as long as we put a padding over them. It will prevent your clothes from rubbing on those stitches. If we keep them dry and clean, nothing bad should happen."

"You're an angel Anya!" Volchok exclaimed.

The two continued down the stairs soon after. At last, one problem lifted off his shoulders. Downstairs, Ivushkin caught sight of Stepan, who was nearly falling asleep on his seat by the table, his heavy head propped up against his arm.

Only as Ivushkin cleared his throat and Anya snickered, did the Russian lift his head flaggingly, eyes blinking rapidly in an effort to get rid of the blur in his vision.