Part I Chapter 1: A New Student

It was a breezy Autumn morning in early November. The winds whistled through the leaves of the trees, effortlessly plucking them from their branches and leaving them to glide to the ground of Agwin High's expansive campus. There was a serene, peaceful beauty about the day. Unfortunately for the students of Agwin, however, today was a Monday, and before they could go outside and enjoy the weather, they had to get through another long, monotonous day of school.

As students rustled through the hallways in a crowd, rushing to get to their first period classes, one powerful figure strutted down the hallway, carving a path within the crowd and cutting up the noise and chaos with his very presence. That student was Broven, the King of Agwin. Almost everyone in Agwin feared Broven, but not because he was a ruthless leader. Far from it, actually. But, it could not be helped, no matter how nice he was. Being scared of those more powerful than you was the natural order of the world.

Walking two feet or so behind Broven, there was another student who happened to have the same destination as Broven. Since Broven could easily make a path in the hallways, this student followed him to avoid bumping into other people. His first period, as well as Broven's, was in Classroom 3-1-A. The subject was English, and the student carried the heaps of homework he had been assigned in class the day before, clutching the stack of papers in his arms.

A click-clack of shoes against the school's tile floor came from behind the student. Before he could even turn around to see the source of the noise, he felt a pair of hands pressing up against his back. He was propelled forward into the back of Broven, the collision causing his stack of papers to slip out of his hands and go spilling onto the ground. He and the school's King hit the floor with an ungraceful THUD. Before the student could turn around to see who pushed him, the culprit was gone.

The hallways erupted with a howling laughter. The student who was pushed got up off of the King, allowing him to readjust himself as well.

"Ugh," Broven said, holding his head. He stood up and dusted himself off before turning a head towards the student who had bumped into him. He examined the student's appearance. He had amber eyes and black hair that had a heap of gel applied to it, making it look something like a helmet or a bun. Broven immediately identified the student as John, the school cripple.

John shifted his gaze toward Broven. "Sorry for bumping into you," he apologized, "I was pushed."

Broven looked at John, puzzled. John, was quite new to the school, having enrolled as a third year at the start of the school year, which was about two months ago. Yet, despite this, he didn't seem to be scared, flustered, or even remotely frightened after having knocked over Agwin's King.

"Oh, it's fine," Broven said calmly, before bending over and helping John collect his papers. The tone in the hallway immediately shifted from noisy and jovial to silent and surprised. What reason did Broven have to help John?

Broven quickly gathered up John's papers into a neat stack before handing them to him. John took the papers with a puzzled look before meeting Broven's eyes again.

"Just be more careful next time, okay? I know that you're new, so I'll let it slide this time, but watch out in the future," Broven said before turning around and starting to walk towards his class.

"Oh, thanks, I appreciate it" John said gratefully from behind him. Broven nodded without even looking at John and kept his peaceful stride towards his class.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Classroom 3-1-A had the same layout as every other classroom in Building 3 on Agwin's campus. The walls were a beige hue, which contrasted against the green and white checkered pattern that made up the floor tiles. The students' desks were in a 5x6 grid in the center of the classroom. In the back of the classroom were grey cabinets that held learning materials. In the front of the classroom, within the view of the students, was a whiteboard. In front of the middle of the whiteboard sat a lectern, while in the corner of the classroom, to the left of the whiteboard, sat the teacher's desk.