Part I Chapter 3: Friends?

Mr. Brusher was the nurse at Agwin High. He stood about 6 feet 5 inches tall and had river-blue eyes, a mane of blonde hair and a stubbly brown beard. He wore brown, ripped skinny jeans and some form of a flannel shirt with a lab coat on every single day. He was well known by the students of Agwin for two things. The first was for being an extremely upbeat, friendly guy, and the second was for being exceptional at his job.

He sat in the back corner of a small yellow room at his desk with his feet on his desk and his hands on his phone. This yellow room had 3 small beds with curtains in-between them towards the front door, and a door in the back towards Mr. Brusher's desk that held a small kitchen inside that he would use to make tonics for healing students.

Currently, it was his lunch break. Usually, he would take the opportunity to go and eat in peace, but today was different. Approximately 30 minutes ago, the faculty group chat became active with messages saying that the new girl was fighting Broven, the King. Mr. Brusher had already seen Rein's files, so he knew when he heard about the fight that his help would probably needed afterwards, and decided to delay his break for a bit.

As he was scrolling through social media on his phone, he heard a *click* as the door of the infirmary opened, and who else but Rein walked in, just as Mr. Brusher had suspected. Well, it wasn't exactly what he had been anticipating. He expected to see Rein walk in carrying Broven, but was instead met with Rein and John carrying Broven. John did come to the infirmary quite a lot, but to see him come in with the new girl and the King was surprising.

As Rein and John walked in, they tossed Broven's body onto one of the beds and walked over to Mr. Brusher's desk.

"Ah, good to see both of you, John and Broven," he chuckled as John and Rein both sat down in chairs in front of his desk while Broven got comfy on his bed in the back. "And Rein," he held out his hand, "it's good to meet you for the first time." Rein shook his hand.

"The pleasure is all mine," she said with a playful grin. Mr. Brusher bent down and opened up a file drawer in his desk, taking out a binder labeled, "Year 3 Males," before flipping to a page in it with Broven's face on it. He took a pen out of his lab coat pocket and scribbled some stuff down on the page before getting up and walking over to Broven, kneeling down in front of him.

"You know how this works, Broven," he said as his eyes began to glow a sky blue color. Rein saw this and concurred that his ability must have something to do with nursing, but expected him to do something cool like shoot bandages out of his fingers or tonic out of his nostrils, and was surprised whenever he just sat there with his eyes squinted for about five seconds before getting up again. He put his hand on his chin and looked down at Broven.

"Looks like you have a laceration to the left side of your abdomen, as well as punctures through your right leg as well as both of your forearms." he reported in a monotone voice. "There are a couple of broken bones, but I can make a tonic to heal them up quick," he said before running into the little kitchen in the back of the Infirmary. Rein stood there with her jaw on the floor, but before she had the chance to ask a question, Broven answered it for her.

"His ability is called Status Check. He can use it to do quick scans of people's health and wellness. Pretty useful for a school nurse, eh?" he said before looking down at his lap. Rein turned over towards him with a chilled expression on her face.

"Damn. How'd WE get a guy like that over schools like Wellston?" she said, referring to Agwin's more prestigious, rival school.

"Apparently they already have a school nurse. Although, his ability is apparently used to scare people, so I couldn't tell you how effective he is as a caretaker," John answered. Rein looked over at him.