Is There Time?

After Alex left, Lena was left stuck on her spot as she tried to comprehend the words the Agent said.

She was left speechless and stunned, and slightly curious as to the last point Alex said. The both of you need each other, the words rang out in Lena's head.

At this point, she didn't even know what to do anymore. Sure, she was still angry, betrayed and upset. But is there even a point anymore?

The gorgeous woman was exhausted. This was probably the first time she actually sat down and recalled every detail and emotion she felt throughout her fits of anger in months. But it was also exhausting because the trauma of her brother exposing her former-best friend felt fresh in her mind. The pain of seeing the lies and betrayal was too much.

She was afraid for many reasons. One being forgiveness. Lena was afraid of forgiving the Super. She was afraid that maybe, just maybe if she forgave the woman, she would lose the walls she worked so hard to put up again. The CEO believed that her walls made her stronger, and without it, she was as vulnerable. But she also didn't deny the feeling of relief she would feel if she did choose to forgive her.

Lena was tired of all the lies and betrayal of the world. She was done dealing with all the people in her life taking her as a fool, and lying to her, and betraying her, and most importantly, hurting her.

But Lena was raised in such a cruel way that, even until now, it made her feel impaired to certain emotions and emotional capacity to solve things. It was tiresome. The green-eyed woman didn't know what to do, she was never taught the right way to solve broken friendships. It was always an automatic response of revenge and resentment when friendships broke in bad terms in the Luthor household. An obvious example was Andrea and Eve.

Although a whirl of emotions overwhelmed Lena, she couldn't help miss the blonde. The way she always grinned rather than smiled, her goofy laugh that always managed to make Lena crack a smile even in her worst moods, how the woman slightly smirked when she noticed Lena purposely wearing taller heels just so they wouldn't have such a height difference, how she could eat for days and never gain a single pound, how Kara always made sure Lena never thought of herself as anything but the best, how she always made Lena feel taken cared of by asking her if she already ate, how much she's slept or if she even slept at all, and how she always managed to make Lena feel things she would never feel from other people. Lena knew the list was endless.

The youngest Luthor was sure it was obvious to everyone but the Super, but for as long as she could remember, she liked the woman. By like Lena meant, like like the woman. But Lena could never deny that in the months prior to the reveal of the woman's identity, she was feeling more than a simple crush.

But would it still matter now?

Lena was a mess without Kara, that was clear, but according to Alex, so was Kara. But was it too late to fix things? Although, Lena believed that her plans have gone too far, they might've even made the remaining ties between them worse, so what are the chances she could rekindle things?

A knock on the door stopped her questions. She looked up to see the new assistant she had, Layla.

“I'm sorry to bother you Ms. Luthor, but your 20:00 is here,” Layla informed her nervously. “Thank you, Layla” Lena said politely. “Is that my last one for the day?”

“I believe so Ms. Luthor” The girl turned around to go back to her desk, “Layla, wait.” Lena called out.

“Yes, Ms. Luthor?”

“You can go home now, I know we have a long day tomorrow,” Lena told the assistant who had an expression of shock and hesitation. “Are you sure, Ms. Luthor? I can stay longer if you need me,” the girl inquired worriedly.