Chapter 5

Y/N POV

"Julian...." I muttered under my breath. "Julian- we-we have to g-go" I stuttered as my eyes moved towards Gabriel, on the ground with blood spewing around him. Across from him stood Thomas, with a bloodied sword in his hand and a look of fear and anger in his eyes.

"Julian-....I w-want to go" A sob escape my mouth as I stuttered out the words. I felt my chest start to rise the longer I looked at the scene in front of me. I felt my breakfast try to make it's way back up my throat, but I was persistent and pushed it back down to my stomach.

Julian looked up to me and almost immediately ran over, placing me on the back of the horse, and taking me back to the Castle, leaving Thomas and Gabriel behind.

My grip on Julian's waist only tightened, as he rod at a faster pace. At this moment, the sun was almost fully out. To most people, this would bring them happy thoughts and feelings. Seeing the sun get ready for the long day ahead. But the sunrise was the least of my worries. The only thing on my mind was the tragic scene that unfolded, only minutes ago.

I whipped my head around to see if Thomas was behind us, but he wasn't. I watched as Thomas' figure grew smaller and smaller, until he was fully gone. Tears started to stream down my face the closer Julian and I got back to the castle. I moved my head, so that it was resting on the shoulder of Julian as he continued to ride through the forest. I closed my eyes, trying to find some sort of peace, but that it didn't last very long. I felt the horse slow down and Julian's breath started to calm down just a tad.

"Y/n?" My father's voice rang through my ears, making my eyes open up. My father and mother stood in front of us with worried looks, noticing that it was only Julian and I. As the horse came to a stop, I immediately jumped off and ran over to mother and father, hugging them.

"Where's Thomas and Gabriel?" Father asked. I pulled away from my father's chest to face Julian. His eyes softened once he saw my fragile state. Instead of telling my father what had happened, Julian only shook his head and looked down.

JULIAN POV

"What?!" I jumped slightly as King Nilson slammed his fists on the table. I moved my gaze around the room, trying to find anything to look at that wasn't the angry King that stood before me.

"I told you last night to stop with the fighting! And what do you do?! You get in a sword fight and one of you ends up dead!" Nilson yelled. I fixed my posture and put on a hard face as the King made his way closer to me.

"Where are they?" Nilson gritted his teeth, his face only being a few inches from mine.

"By the stream" I gulped. King Nilson sighed before motioning to the guards to open the door. Once the doors opened, in came a group of Knights with their swords.

"Bring Gabriel and Thomas to me immediately" Nilson ordered. The men quickly nodded their heads and left the room, making their way outside and off to find the two Prince's.

***

I stood quietly in the room, waiting for the men to come as King Nilson sat on his throne, gritting his teeth and looking to the ground.

The sound of the doors opening, grabbed me out of my thoughts. Nilson's head popped up, hoping to see his men with Thomas and Gabriel, only to be welcomed with absolutely nothing.

"Where are they?!" The King's voice boomed. His lead man walked forward and bowed before going right in front of Nilson.

"Nothing was there" The Knight responded. "Only blood and Thomas' sword was found" "What about their horses?" Nilson questioned. The man shook his head.

A sigh left the King's mouth. He looked at me dead in the eyes before, motioning his men to leave the room, leaving King Nilson and I alone once again.

"Julian come here" Nilson demanded. I nodded my head, quickly making my way over to the distressed King. I stood a few feet in front of Nilson before his told me to come closer. Listening, I walked a tad closer. King Nilson got up from his throne and stood right in front of me, looking me in the eyes with a worried look.

"You will marry Y/n"