Chapter 10

TOM POV

My head was pounding as my eyes slowly started to open, adjusting to my surroundings. Once my consciousness was fully awake, I gazed around the room, taking in the things around me.

It was frigid. There was a small, but closed off window that hung above the wall behind me. It was slightly agape, allowing the cold presence of mother nature to make it's way in. The walls were stoned perfectly, with the only source to leave being the wooden door that was right across from me.

Where was I?

Am I in the Aarland prison?

Was I caught by King Nilson already?

My head started to spin, the more I realized that I was most certainly not outside, nor back home where I'd be able to escape the harsh reality of my actions. The memories of the last time I was awake, quickly flooded my brain. The last thing I remembered was watching lady Y/n's face after I stabbed my sword in Gabriel's stomach. A single tear dropped from her gorgeous eyes, watching with complete horror at the sight in front of her. My blood began to boil as the image of Julian protecting her from me took over my state of mind. My mind watched as the Princess and Julian rode off, leaving me with the dying Gabriel.

Then everything went black.

"Oh, look who finally woke up!" A voice boomed through the small cell. I snapped back into reality, vigorously looking for the source of the voice. There stood a man at the door, looking down at me with a cheeky smile. It was too dark to see whom it was, but my gut told me that I'd soon remember.

"So glad of you to finally join me" The voice chuckled. He walked closer so that the light hit his body, but his face was still a mystery.

"W-Who are Y-You?" I stuttered out. The man laughed sickly at my response. He stared me down for a few moments, contemplating. It was only then, would the man walk towards me, revealing himself and all his glory.

"Gabriel" I gritted my teeth. He came down to my level, slowly inching closer to me with his signature smug look on his face. I felt my emotions go from fearful to angry in a matter of seconds. "What the hell are you doing? I thought I fucking killed you!" I growled, trying to get up from the dirty, stone cold floor, only to be flung back down mer seconds later. I glanced down to my wrists, noticing the two chains that wrapped around, tying me down. Gabriel laughed wickedly, taking a few steps back and circling around me.

"Keyword, thought... as in you thought you killed me, but I'm here now aren't I?" Gabriel licked his lips, looking me up and down. I could tell he was enjoying me in this state and him having all the power in the world.

"I have to admit Tommy... it hurt me... not just physically, but mentally, when you stabbed me... how dare you betray me?" Gabriel placed his hand over his heart, pretending to be hurt. He laughed and licked his lips before opening his mouth to speak. "You were dangerous... and the only thing I could do, was knock you out. Thankfully, I managed to find this shitty abandoned farm to keep you" Gabriel scrunched his nose while looking around the cell like room. "And you know what hurt me even more? Finding out that our dear Princess is marrying that ugly man whore, Julian" I couldn't deny that a pang of jealousy and sadness went through my chest, when Gabriel told me about the two royals. I had only know Y/n for a few days, and sure it's very early, but I'd be lying to myself if I hadn't dreamed of marrying her.

"It's funny how the world can deceive us. We think one thing, finding out later how wrong we really were... Funny" Gabriel knocked me out of my day dream. The smirk disappeared as Gabriel made his way over to me. His face was turning red, the more he clenched his fists together.

"I know what your thinking Thomas... why is this gorgeously handsome Prince keeping yet another Prince captive?" Gabriel raised his eyebrows. "Well let me explain little boy" Gabriel raised his hand, patting my unruly hair, practically treating me like a dog.

"You see Thomas... I've never been a fan of you and your family... my family was always in the shadows of yours. Your Kingdom got everything they ever wanted, while mine got your leftovers" He gritted his teeth. "Your father was such a good King. He was the reason for the Holland success... but when he became sick... it was expected of you to do the same... and you failed" Gabriel chuckled, playing with the ends of the knife that some how, found his way into his muddy hands.

"With you on the edge of insanity, my family used this as a window to finally take you down once and for all... and we almost did" He paused. "The look on your face as I stabbed your ugly little peasants. And the red face of anger as I killed your mother gave me a beautiful sensation like nothing else before... I was so happy that even last night I went on a little killing spree" I felt my blood start to boil, thinking of Gabriel killing others for fun. "Sure it was a poor peasant girl... but damn wasn't that fun. Right up close to the castle too! Wouldn't be surprised if the screams were heard... the Princess sure did seem scared to see me...Well- she didn't see me fully... I just watched her from a distance in the dark of night..." Gabriel smirked, throwing his knife to the door.

"And when I found out some time ago that I'd be competing with you for the heart of a Princess... I knew this was my chance to break you and your Kingdom once and for all-" "Your a sick bastard" I yelled, cutting off Gabriel. His eyes immediately went a dark shade of red before he walked over and slapped me across the cheek. My face stung, but that wasn't on my mind.

"Did I give you permission to speak?! No! So shut the hell up before I grab my knife and stab you to death!" Gabriel yelled, punching the wall. He didn't even flinch at the pain I'm sure the stoned wall gave him. A few moments later, I could see Gabriel relax a bit.

"This is my chance" he muttered, looking to the ground. "Once I marry Y/n, I'll have all the power in the world. I can take down hundreds of Kingdoms with just my bare hands" Gabriel smiled at the thought of all that power. "And the Holland family will be the first to go" he chuckled, looking at me.

"Your delusional. King Nilson can't stand you. He wouldn't go anywhere near his daughter" I spat. I was fully expecting Gabriel to lash out again, only he didn't. "Besides... your alone. You can't conquer any Kingdom alone" I spoke harshly. Gabriel stopped his movements and looked at me before walking towards the door.

"Who said I was alone?" Gabriel laughed as he opened the old wooden, creaking door. "Thomas... I'd like you to meet someone..." Gabriel paused, motioning out the dark room. It was hard to see Gabriel, since the light wasn't shining near the door. A few seconds later, a dark silhouette of a man walked in the cell.

"This is my younger brother..." Gabriel smirked wickedly as the silhouette slowly walked into the light.

"Thomas, you remember Julian right?"