Epilogue

Y/N POV

"The end" I spoke softly, sighing as I was done. I glanced over at my 3 year old son, noticing how he was anything but asleep. In fact, he was wide awake. Moving from underneath the feathered covers and onto my lap, my son looked at me with a pouty look -- the one he got from his father.

"That's it? That's the end?" He questioned. His chubby hands moving towards my hair, playing with the ends. "Well Pumpkin -- unfortunately it is" I said, making my son groan and roll his eyes. "But we don't know what happened to the Prince and Princess" He argued. I laughed while moving his unruly curls away from his adorable face. "Of course we do! They lived happily ever after" I reasoned, hoping the boy with agree and let go of the story, however, he still carried on, insisting that it was not the end.

"Julian sweetie, it's the end of the story ok?" I said simply. I smiled at my son sweetly before pulling him from my lap and placing him back in his bed, tucking him in tightly.

"Mummy no it isn't! Daddy told me that the Prince and Princess got married and then were King and Queen and then had a little baby!" Julian smiled greatly. His hands were pumping in the air out of excitement as he told me what his father had spoken to him about. He continued on, telling me of all the stories he was told about the Prince and Princess, but was soon interrupted when a few quiet knocks were heard at the bedroom doors.

"Did I miss the ending?" My husband's head popped in, looking around the room with wide eyes, smiling when he saw Julian tucked in bed. "Daddy, mummy says that the story is done, but you told me it wasn't! Tell mummy what you told me!" Julian yelled, jumping up from under the sheets, and bouncing on the bed while pointing at me.

"Ok buddy settle down. Mummy didn't want to tell you because it's late and way past your bedtime" He spoke, sitting down next to me, grabbing my hands, placing them in his while playing with the wedding ring that sat on my left hand. "How about we go to sleep now?" He asked, facing Julian. Julian sighed, rolling his eyes. "Um excuse me mister. We do not roll our eyes at others" I strictly said, re tucking him in his bed. He muttered a quick apology as I kissed his forehead. "Goodnight my love" I whispered against his soft, supple skin. I pulled away, allowing my husband to also say goodnight to Julian. I then got up from the bed and blew out the two candles that sat on the nightstand.

"Hey, I want to show you something" My husband whispered in my ears. I moved my head to get a better look at him, seeing as he had a smirk on his face. "What is it?" I questioned unsure. Instead of giving me a sensible answer, he only shook his head and grabbed my left hand, dragging me out of Julian's bedroom quietly and down the hall. Giggles filled the air as we ran down the hallway like children, eventually stopping at the balcony. The night sky was dark and clear, the only source of light being from the stars and moon. The trees whooshed in the wind and the pond beneath reflected the moonlight. It was calming... just standing there, admiring the world around us.

That was until old memories came blasting into my brain. Most of them being happy and cheerful ones I shared in the past few years of my life, but others -- were dark and depressing... it also didn't help knowing what day was tomorrow...

"5 years tomorrow" I spoke suddenly. I continued to look out at the forest, but I could see my husband look at me with confusion written all over his face. "5 years?" He asked. I sighed, looking down at the ground as I tried to stop myself from tearing up again. "Julian's death... it'll be 5 years tomorrow" I sobbed, shaking my head. He didn't say anything at first, only brung me into a hug to comfort me. But after a few moments, once I was calmed down, he pulled away, cupping my cheeks and looking down at me with complete adoration.

"It's fine Y/n-" "No it's not fine... it's anything but fine" I shook my head, pushing his hands away as more tears fell from my crystal eyes. "Julian's death isn't what I'm upset about. It's been 5 whole years- I've moved on. Do I miss him? Yes of course I do! But that's not what's getting me down... Julian's death is only really a reminder of all that I lost. Throughout my whole life I've lived inside this little bubble, protected by my parents. I always assumed life would be easy for me-, not having to deal with the horrors of living that others suffered from...but that day-... that day changed me. Watching someone I deeply cared about, die right in front of my eyes- for something I did!... it kills me... it breaks my heart" I sobbed, pointing at my heart vigorously. "And now with my parents gone... I feel alone... I feel like no one understands me and what shit I've been through... tomorrow... is just another day where I'm reminded of the dark, nasty things life has thrown at me" I broke down. I gripped the railing, trying to keep my balance. I felt like the world was caving in on me... I felt alone, like no one cared about me. "Hey hey hey" My husband said, bringing me into another hug. He rubbed the top of my head, whispering and placing soft kisses on me.

"You are not alone Y/n... I know it feels like you are with Julian, your father and mother-... but listen to me... you are never alone" He shushed me. I pulled away from his chest and looked him in his big brown eyes. "You have me, someone who loves you so so so much... and you have your son too..." He whispered. I breathed, wiping the wet, salty tears from my face, nodding my head in agreement. "Speaking of your son..." He trailed. "You should really tell him that his favourite bedtime story, is a real tale on how his parents met" I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"He'll figure it out eventually Tommy" I laughed.

Thomas' mouth fell agape as he shook his head 'no' with much power. "What?" I chuckled. "Do not call me Tommy... that's what Gabriel called me when he was about to cut my head off" He said. "Ok Tom" I smiled. He bit his lip while wrapping his hands around my waist, leaning in. "That's more like it" His spoke hushly before placing his lips on mine. I immediately kissed back, loving the feeling of our lips connected. I soon pulled away slowly, almost immediately missing the way his lips felt against mine.

"I love you" Tom said with a smile. His eyes glistened in the moonlight, hair moving all over the place as the wind blew on it. "I love you too" I responded, pulling my husband closer to me, placing my lips back on his. I enjoyed the moment... soaking up all the amounts of perfect moments I shared with the love of my life.

And that was when it hit me...

This, was my happily ever after.

My happily ever after didn't consist of me having the perfect model life, surrounded by only the most perfect things I could find. It didn't consist of thousands upon thousands of people praising me for all I do.

My happy ever after contained the love of my life.

The man who stuck with me, through thick and through thin.

The man who saw the good things in me.

The man who made me smile when I was said, or who made me laugh when I cried.

The man who loved me unconditionally.

The man who I have hopelessly fallen for. Everything he does, everything he says, everything he is. He's my first thought in the morning, and my last thought before I go to bed.

I will cherish every single moment we share together....

I will sacrifice my happiness for the sake of you because I love you Thomas Stanley Holland....

And nothing could ever change that.

THE END