十六

—————————————————————————
•2nd person•—————————————————————————

"We're going to a carnival?" Tanjiro asked, tilting his head in confusion.

The others were confused as well, all except you. You hid your excitement, knowing what will happen if you did show it. You put the dish in the sink, turning around and was about to join in on the conversation. Only to see all of them staring at you with giant smiles, well—more like Tanjiro, Nezuko, Zenitsu and Inosuke. Yoriichi was giving a small smile while Michikatsu was...just giving his usual look, Aoi was smiling normally.

"What?" You questioned with a brow raised, not understanding why they're all staring at you with smiles.

Aoi sighed, the smile disappears off her face. "(Y/n)-Chan, aren't you excited?" Aoi asked, seeming to be a little upset that you aren't smiling. "I am excited, just don't feel like smiling." You said bluntly as you look to the side, your eyes not meeting her blue eyes. It was now Aoi turn to raise her brow, defiantly noticing how you didn't make eye contact with her.

But Aoi shook it off, knowing that's how you act sometimes. "Alright then, let's get ready!" Aoi said aloud, her grin coming back upon her face. All of them walked away to get their own clothes, everyone but Inosuke. You were just gonna walk out of the kitchen and go into your room, before a hand grabbed your wrist and stopped you from being able to. Looking behind you, you saw it was Inosuke who was grabbing your wrist. His boar mask seemed a bit intimidating to you, making you feel a bit nervous for some reason. Yet, you shook the feeling off and tilt your head at him as if to say 'What do you want?'. Inosuke went stiff for a split second before relaxing a little. "Why did..Aoi ask if you were excited?" Inosuke asked, hesitating a bit at first before continuing. The kitchen atmosphere got intense, no knife being able to cut it down.

"I.." You trailed off, your voice being a bit quiet than usual. Your (H/c) bangs covered your eyes.

"I like going to carnivals.." You mumbled, feeling a little embarrassed that you had to say the reason of it. You really hated saying about things you like, it seemed..childish to you.

It was silent after that, thinking that the boar head boy is gonna make fun of you, you were about to take your wrist out of Inosuke hands. But they tightened their grip on your wrist, keeping you in place. "What..made you so excited about the carnival?" Inosuke questioned with a little curiosity hinted in his voice, sounding interested on what the place will be like when they get there.

The question from Inosuke surprised you, surprised you to the point where you looked up from the ground and up to him with your eyes widening.

'Why isn't he laughing? Isn't he gonna laugh on how childish it is..?' Questions ran around your head, not even hearing what Inosuke just said. "(Y/n)! Inosuke! You guys getting ready?!" Aoi voice came from upstairs, causing you to snap out of your question filled head. You quickly took your wrist out of Inosuke hand, walking away to your room. Surprisingly, Inosuke didn't stop you and just went back to annoy Tanjiro into fighting with him.

You sighed as you closed your door behind you, locking it afterwards.

Thinking about going to the carnival, a small smile dawned upon your face as your blunt eyes faded into soft ones. It reminded the time when you last went there as a kid, having no care in the world.