Chapter 4: The beauty and the betrayal

"I'd ask you what your opinions on Humbert Humbert are, but I don't really care so just hand in your papers by the end of the week", Harris said in a monotone voice. Derek sighed, "How charming." Stiles snorted, "Yeah, the epitome of grace and good manners." They both grabbed their stuff and met up with Boyd outside the auditorium. "Are you coming for lunch, Stiles?", Derek asked after greeting his friend.

"I can't, Isaac's sick so I promised to take over his shift. Sowy, Sourwolf", he pouted. Derek shook his head, "It's fine, just be safe, okay?" Stiles went in for a quick hug, "Will do!" He was already running, "Stay wild, moonchild!" Boyd watched him go, then turned to Derek, "Congratulations, you found someone who's even weirder than you, I'm impressed." Derek smiled, "Shut up, I like him, so it doesn't matter what you say." Boyd chuckled, "Whatever you say, loverboy. Let's get some chicken nuggets."

..............................................................................................................................

Stiles was in the middle of making green tea (this is a coffee shop for god's sake) for the lone Wednesday customer when Allison came in. "Oh hey Alli, what's up?" She carefully sat down, "I think we should talk", she said with a worried frown on her face. Stiles immediately saw something was wrong. He went to close the door (it's Wednesday, who cares?) and sat down in front of her, "What's on your mind, you beautiful dimpled soul?"

She sighed and took his hands, "Sti, I want to tell you, but it's not going to be fun... It's about Lydia." Stiles' smile immediately perished, "Ah, the strawberry blonde self-proclaimed goddess. What did she do now?" Alli looked like she was on the verge of tears, "Stiles, I'm so sorry, but she told Jackson the story." Stiles felt like she just stabbed him, "She...what?" He shook his head, "No way, she promised she wouldn't."

Allison squeezed his hands harder, "I heard it myself, you know I wouldn't tell you if I weren't absolutely sure." Angry tears were rolling down his cheeks, "Thanks for telling me Alli." She nodded, "Of course, honey, I'm so sorry." She wrapped him in a hug and let him cry for a moment, "You go home, okay? I'll take over your shift." Stiles was about to protest but quickly changed his mind as he looked into Allison's determined chocolate eyes.

He nodded, "Thank you Al, you're the best." She smiled, "That's what I'm here for, now go and take care of yourself, sweety." Stiles didn't really know where he was walking until he stood in front of Derek's dorm room. "Derek? Could I maybe come in?" Mere seconds past before the door swinged open and a worried-looking werewolf took its place, "What happened?" Stiles started sobbing, "She told him."

Derek pulled him into the room by his hand, "Hey hey, who told who what now?" They sat down and Derek was softly rubbing Stiles' back. "Remember when I told you about my mom? How she died..." Derek nodded slowly, not knowing where this was going. Stiles sniffed, "There's something I didn't tell you..." He sighed, "After she died, my dad was... wrecked. He could barely take care of himself, let alone a twelve year old, so Scott and his mom took me in until he was better. Lydia knows all that because we were friends back in high school, and she promised to never tell a soul."

He started crying again, "She broke her promise and not only that... She told Jackson Whittemore of all people. He's going to make my life even more miserable. I can't have him insult my dad, Derek, he is one of the best people I know." The other boy felt flaring red anger take over, "Then he'll have to go through me first, if that shithead ever comes near you again, I'm going to break his bones one by one." That god a watery chuckle out of Stiles, "Wouldn't that be a sight to see."

Derek smiled, "There you go, that's the Stiles I know." Stiles rubbed away the tears, "Stiles the ugly crier?" Derek laughed, "No, Stiles I-enjoy-the-pain-of-a-certain-asshole Stilinski, cool guy, 10 outta 10, would recommend." That made Stiles smile, "Thanks Sourwolf, you're awesome." Derek bumped his shoulder, "I try."

..............................................................................................................................

They were sitting in the grass near the main building when Lydia calmly walked over. "Hey, Stiles." He threw her a cold glare, "Oh look, Derek, it's the girl I used to be friends with." She rolled her eyes, "Stiles, don't be so dramatic. We ARE friends." He chuckled, "Oh honey, if you're going to be two-faced at least make sure one of them is pretty."

Derek got up and extended a hand to Stiles, "Let's go, we've got class in twenty minutes and you know Harris hates it when we're later than him." Lydia glared at him, "We're kind of in the middle of something here, Eyebrows." Stiles went to stand in front of Derek before the other boy could react, "No, Lydia, I think we're done. ", he leaned in closer, "For good."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He's no monster, Gaston; you are!"

Hiya! How're you guys doing?

I'm really liking where this story is going. And before some of you think I'm a Lydia-basher, reign your horses because I'm not. Usually I love her as a character and a best-friend-figure to Stiles, but for this story I wanted to do things a little different. So....yeah!

As always, thanks for reading and stay safe everyone!

Hugs!

XXX-HY_13