Chapter 1: The Angel

koi no yakan [ko-ee no ya-kan] japanese: (n.) the extraordinary sense upon first meeting someone, that you will one day fall in love

.
.
.

"After thorough investigation by the government CSI's [crime scene investigators], it had been ruled by Director Jeon that a gas leak occurred while the hundreds of guests were entering the building. With a small spark of flame from the kitchen, it caused the great chain of events that concluded the great destruction of the Dionysus Central Building, causing deaths of well over three hundred people as well as dozens of injured pedestrians walking by the building from the explosion."

(Y/N) stares at the plasma flat screen tv that's situated in her living room, her eyes blank and emotionless while on the inside. She's angry.

She's apoplectic with fury every time the news anchor opened his mouth. Not only did he say these stories in a casual monotone voice, he indicated he had no care for the hundreds of that people died.

It was evident that the news were only telling partial truth of the story. It took long, very long for (Y/N) to understand that the news manipulated the truth to appease the government. She trained herself to distinguish which is the truth and which the lie. No matter what country you're in, the news is all just propaganda shit— it gives fear and misdirection, telling you who to hate, who should live or die, and show you who the supposed enemy or hero was.

"They could go suck my nonexistent dick if they keep feeding me with their bullshit," she says bitterly.

The news and media outlets have the power to micromanage every little aspect of the people's lives. One day, she snapped. She had enough.

She gathered all of her energy to expose how corrupted the "heroes" that were portrayed in the media, showing that they're just as bad as the "enemies", maybe even worse. She worked her ass off, and was almost killed in the process. She provided worthy resources, evidences such as tapes, videos, and photos.

People were accustomed to violence, taking care of situations by hands or guns. But with (Y/N)... she used her words to make the corrupted shrivel before her.

And not too long after that, the people began calling her "The Shadow": a mysterious figure who lurked behind the corrupted, and once they were gone by her doing, she disappears with them until she finds another target.

(Y/N) looked at her television again while balling her hands into tight fists.

"Lies," she fumed. "FUCKING LIES! Did they really fucking think I would succumb to this?!?! Th-this isn't true— I know— Ji-Jimin."

"I-I was so close. So close to calling him mine— FUCK!" (Y/N) sealed her lips shut.

She tried to hold the pain, but as time dragged, the beads of water started to fall down her cheeks, one after the other, and it never stops— she can't stop crying.

She loves Jimin.

And she hated herself that their last conversation together was a mixture of anger, and curses, instead of finally telling him the truth about her feelings. If she could just rewind back time... she would tell him that he loves him. She wants to hug him, kiss him, marry him, but it's gone... it's all gone because of her stupidity and stubbornness.

"It's not fair... why did the gods take you away so early? Why...? Jimin I need you. I need you, I can't live without you- this hurts so much— oh god!" (Y/N) sobbed. "It hurts so much, please-please help me, come back to me, I want you back. Why can't I have you back?!"